My July 2012 Whole30!

qqemokitty

This is my first Whole30. I've been eating about 80/20 Paleo for several months now. Earlier this year I quit soda as my new year's resolution, and stopped eating a lot of fast food. I made allowances for In n Out (protein style) and occasionally pizza, and occasionally dinner with friends. Dinner invitations and special occasions started piling up and pretty soon it was more like 20/80 Paleo. >.< I've gained back 10 of the 25 pounds I've lost. My acne is coming back, and I feel crappy. Sad face.

I'm 29, around 5'8" or 9" and I weigh today, on Day 1, 316 pounds. Yes I know that is very very bad.

Day 1:

Breakfast: 1 Organic (whole30 compliant) chicken sausage. 2 Eggs fried in olive oil. Normally I would have had a cup of spinach scrambled into the egg (I LOVE spinach) but I ran out yesterday and today is grocery day. :P

Lunch: Skipped, because i was out and about. Ooops.

Dinner: OMFG GHEE!!! Is the best thing to ever exist. Baby bella mushrooms and spinach cooked in ghee, roast chicken, cold, carrots boiled then with a dab of ghee and cinnamon. NOM.

Hiya!

You and I seem to be on a similar path with a desire to get healthier, feel good, as well as lose some weight. I started Whole30 about 20 days ago and finding it quite manageable but will admit to not having to test it much out in social gatherings. I'll have my first real go of that next weekend.

Welcome and best wishes on your Whole30!

Thank you Nina! Yes the social gatherings aspect is really hard. This coming Tuesday I have a company event with catered food and open bar and I don't know how I'll make it through. Gotta be strong!

While at Whole Foods I was totally unable to find a decent coconut milk. :( They only had two brands and both had several ingredients I didn't understand, and one had evaporated cane juice, the other had carageenan. :( Was coconut milk not what I was looking for? Can anyone recommend a brand? Was I supposed to get coconut water instead?

Oh awesome, I didn't looked in the canned section! Thanks so much. :D I might go back there tonight.

It was really hard not to weigh myself this morning, I almost stepped on the scale out of habit and had to catch myself.

Day 2:

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with spinach, cracked pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic

1 chicken sausage

handful of green grapes

I could not finish the whole sausage this time.

Lunch: Is unlikely today. I have an apple with me to eat later. I have a hard time eating 3 meals a day, I feel too full for lunch if I eat breakfast. >.<

I did end up eating lunch today, as I came home from work with a migraine. I had chicken soup that I made here at home with free range organic stock from whole foods, roasted leftover chicken, carrots, ghee, celery, mushrooms, pepper (loads of pepper) a few other spices. I also added coconut milk, and it was the ingredient that sealed the deal on deliciousness for me.

I stopped at Whole Foods on my way home from work and did find the coconut milk in cans. I bought the Thai Kitchen brand, the regular version, not light. Yum!

Snack: While at home foods I bought a couple Lara Bars for the first time. The first bite made me go... eew... but then I kept trying and actually was quite enamored of it by the time I was done. :P I tried the apple pie flavor, and could definitely see myself keeping them around on occasion for treats or on the go boosts.

Day 1, again!

Does anyone else have a REALLY hard time eating breakfast? :( I can barely manage it most days, today was a bit of a fail. I made a hash of spinach mushrooms and leftover roast chicken, and also soft fried 2 eggs. I couldn't even eat half of this, let alone the apple I planned to eat with it.

I'm not much of a breakfast person. I have to be at work at 7:00, and eating before then is VERY unappealing. I get a morning break at around 9, and usually have 2 hardboiled eggs. For the past month I've been experimenting with bulletproof fasting, so I've just been having coffee with coconut oil until lunch, and it feels good. Melissa & Dallas are very firm about eating in the morning during a Whole30, though, so I will eat breakfast most of the time this month.

Archived