Starting tomorrow 5/4/13!

Elliottsmama

Weighing, measuring, and taking pics tomorrow morning...and then I'm off...!!! :)

I can do this! I already planned my menu for the week.

I know we can't paleofy foods to try to make pancakes and pizza and stuff, but can we make meatloafs and casseroles? I think yes. I should go search. I just thought of that question so I forgot to look before.

Anyway, I turned 36 two weeks ago. I have a 21mos old son. I work part time, but most of it is from home. My goals are:

- to stop having a negative relationship with food! (No more rewarding bad days with food or celebrating good things with treats)

- stop craving and thinking about food all the time

- reduce bloat

- increase energy

- sleep better

- lose fat

I'd ideally like to lose about 10 lbs, but I don't expect that to happen in 30 days.

I'll be checking in all the time. I know I can do this! I've been eating paleo-ish for the last month anyway. The only big change for me will be no dairy and no sweeteners since I've been using honey in some things. I also have had fruit/veggie smoothies everyday and I know smoothies are off limits. I'll miss those. I'll still make them for my son.

Bree

Hi Elliotsmamma, welcome to the W30. Yep meatloaf and casseroles are fine and good standbys. someone else was asking about paleofying things and here's what I wrote there

When in doubt I ask myself:- 1)are the ingredients I'm using healthy and compliant, 2) is the end product going to contribute to my health or 3) am I just trying to recreate a not-so-healthy food because I'm missing it? If i can answer *yes* to the first 2 and *no* to the 3rd then it's liftoff :)

Never be afraid to ask questions, it's a really friendly bunch here. good luck

I think you're on the right track! Planning ahead is key! I keep a cute notebook on my counter along with all my paleo recipe books. I list all meals for the week and a shopping list. This way I don't get anxiety ha, and I don't buy random stuff when shopping. (Type A much??) but anyway, I found it really helps!

Good luck!

Good luck! Meatloaf is one of my favorite Whole 30 meals. The kids like it and if I make enough, I have a ton of leftovers.

As for the weight loss, I dropped 10.5 lbs when I did my Whole 30 back in Feb-March. I gained a few back after re-entry, but I have found that a strictly compliant week gets me back very quickly.

You're going to love how you feel!

I started May 5 too! I'm really excited to start feeling better! I have eaten a very restrictive diet for the past year and have seen some results, but was still eating some grains and a bit of dairy. Have you read It Starts With Food? It definitely gives a lot of perspective and motivation to stick to it! Life- changing book!

Archived