Amy's Whole30 Day 1

AmyB

Day 19:

1: scrambled eggs w/sausage, bacon, onions & peppers (large serving)

2: salad of spinach, chicken, pear, walnuts, red onions w/balsamic vinagarette

3: apple w/almond butter

4: 2 of these drumsticks; roasted sweet potato

5: mango w/coconut milk & cinnamon

Once again, a not-so-hungry kind of day, and a rest day (working out less to make sure my adrenal system doesn't freak out). Just a nice dog walk. Probably could use more veggies/less fruit in my life; something to work on for the rest of the Whole30 and beyond.

Day 20:

1: 3 eggs w/kale, leeks & baba ganoush; pear

2: carrots, celery & almond butter

3: this brisket, which is basically the best thing to come out of my kitchen in forever. I insist you make it right now.

4: watermelon. kind of a lot of it.

5: I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting a couple of things. I am proud to have made it 20 days before I started to suck at tracking my food.

Day 21:

1: carrots/celery & almond butter (pre breakfast snack :) )

2: scrambled eggs w/mushrooms, sausage & green peppers; strawberries & pineapple

3: snack-sized bowl of brisket. This 4-lb cut of meat is supposed to last me a week, and I kind of don't see that happening at this point.

4: 1/2 avocado, 2 mini peppers, grapefruit

5: more brisket

Day 22: A Rough One

(I went to visit my sister and do a fun 5K with her, about 2 hours away. I planned poorly & wound up eating just SO much fruit. Fresh, dried, you name it. Also many nuts. I'm not going to call this an utter failure as I learned many lessons, but it was probably the worst day of the Whole 30 so far. I definitely need to get some Paleo Kits and a cooler and just be more prepared. Obviously I wasn't a girl scout.)

1: eggs, bacon, FRUIT

2: DRIED FRUIT, whole foods beef snack stick jerky item that was alledgedly compliant, almonds

3: MOAR FROOOOOOT, brisket, 1/2 avocado with a little salsa

I learned that not being hydrated enough definitely makes me crave fruit/sweets and overdo it in that department instead of just drinking more water. I felt like kind of a food zombie today. Just not a good day.

Day 23:

1: 2 coconut-avocado-curry chix drumsticks

2: 2 hard boiled eggs; raw cukes, carrots, radishes

3: brisket (my gawd, that brisket) wrapped in a collard green leaf w/mustard (TJs makes a Whole30 compliant kind). I had 3 of these little wraps. Plus some veggies, 1/2 an avocado, and some watermelon.

4: Guess. Just guess. More brisket! Plus 2 spoonfuls of almond butter

5: handful of almonds directly post-WOD

6: burger w/kale (in the burger mix) w/TJs salsa on top; watermelon

Feeling much better today. My energy is good and I'm sleeping better. Today was my first day back at CrossFit in several days and I'm really glad I took that rest. My workmates and I all moved to a new office area today, and our manager left us each several chocolates as a welcome gift. I shoved mine in a drawer and forgot about them. I think this is a good sign. You don't control me, chocolates!

Day 24:

1: kale burger & 1/2 avo w/TJs salsa over all - this was a delicious breakfast; very satisfying.

2: carrots, radishes, yellow squash; most of 1/2 avo; 3 collard green/turkey/mustard wraps; watermelon

3: rest of avo; 1 HB egg; 5-6 pickled asparagus spears; watermelon

4: brisket (the last of it...so sad); mango w/ coconut milk

5: carrots & almonds

Feeling a little moody; probably PMS time. Still sleeping pretty good, though.

Day 25:

1: kale burger, 2 eggs, topped w/salsa

2: carrots & almond butter

3: 3 collard green/turkey wraps w/mustard; mango; sweet potatoes & beets

4: 2 Italian sausages w/bell peppers & yellow squash

Day 26:

1: 1 Italian sausage w/bell peppers & yellow squash

2: banana w/almond butter

3: pulled pork w/bell peppers & onions, 1/2 avo; salsa over it all

4: carrot w/almond butter

5: ground lamb & 1/2 an Italian sausage w/sauteed bok choy (my 1st time trying it and I didn't really like it); snacked on some almonds while cooking

6: strawberries & mango w/coconut milk

I feel well fueled for the CrossFit "Baseline from Hell" that we're doing tomorrow! Now to get a great night's sleep.

Day 27:

1: 2 eggs; 1/2 Italian sausage

2: big salad w/greens, bok choy (tastes better raw to me), tomatoes, homemade balsamic vinaigrette; sweet potato hashbrowns, 2 Italian sausages (lovin' those things!); plums & strawberries

3: 2 carrots w/almond butter

4: 1/3 lb ground lamb; roasted broccoli

5: strawberries (they're suuuuuuuper ripe - gotta eat 'em!) w/coconut BUTTAH

Felt good during my WOD today! Very tired later and took a 20 min nap. The lamb I bought tastes gamey as heck and I'm not really into it. 3 more days!

Day 28:

1: 3 eggs w/salsa; 1 plum

2: salad w/greens, bok choy, radishes; spoonful of almond butter & coconut butter mixed together

3: 2 chix drumsticks

4: broccoli; 2 Italian sausages w/fresh tomatoes & basil; carrot & almonds snack while cooking it

5: strawberries & coconut milk

Have you liked lamb in the past? I bought a bulk sampler and yuck! I made a week's worth of lamb-burger salad. I sort of made myself eat it until one day a coworker complained about the smell :/. That was it for me! Is it possibly just that I also got a gamey batch? Or is that the flavor for ground lamb?

Phanniemae, yes, I have LOVED lamb in the past! I generally get it from a local farm. I do not have a Whole Foods near me, so when I had the chance to go, I stocked up on various meats. So that is the lamb to which I'm referring. I also usually love lamb at a Lebanese restaurant that I go to often. I'm sure it depends on what they are fed - could be you and I just don't like the richer tasting lamb. I still have another pound to use, but will probably mix it with a different type of meat and make meatballs or something. :)

Day 29:

1: 3 eggs w/mini peppers, yellow squash, & baba ganoush; 2 plums

2: carrots & almond butter

3: 2 wraps w/tuna, purple cabbage, sundried tomatoes, & homemade mayo (wrapped in collard green leaves)

4: HB egg, almonds, pickled asparagus spears

5: strawberries & coconut butter

Today I felt the need for less meat than I normally eat. I snacked quite a bit while prepping food for the week. I just got a new food processor, and had the time of my life shredding & slicing everything in sight. Didn't do a lot of strenuous exercise - nice hike with the pup, coached a mobility class, & did a few house chores. Lovely, lovely day.

IT IS DAY 30, FRIENDS, OH YES IT IS.

1: 3 eggs w/peppers & baba ganoush; 2 plums

2: 3 wraps w/tuna, purple cabbage, sundried tomatoes, & homemade mayo (wrapped in collard green leaves); banana w/almond AND coconut butters. Crazy!

3: 2 HB eggs w/a pickle & homemade mayo; almonds

4: pulled pork w/several kinds of peppers, onions, & a little salsa; 1/2 avo; about 1/2 a sweet potato sliced & sauteed in coconut oil

5: banana & mango w/coconut milk.

And that's a wrap!

Archived