Pins and Needles, Tight Calves feeling

I've been experiencing the feeling of pins and needles and tight calves during periods of sitting or laying in bed. It's a bit difficult to describe. The feeling is relieved by stretching my calves by flexing my feet back and forth but the second I stop, the feeling returns.

Anyone have any idea what this may be? It becomes a PITA when I'm trying to fall asleep at night.

I had similar pains during days 15-17... A wise moderator suggested it might be potassium/salt related. I added bananas to my diet and took a hike, which really helped.

I wonder if it's because I'm over hydrated, thus diluting the electrolytes in my body... I drink over a gallon of water a day.

How was your diet before Whole30? If you cut a lot of processed food and didn't start adding salt into your cooking that could definitely make your electrolytes low. When you cut processed foods you don't have to worry so much about limiting salt.

I was eating a lot of processed carbs in the form of energy bars since I was doing a lot of running. I think I still salt my food plenty and the once or twice visit to Chipotle a week probably more than takes care of salt intake.

Archived