Ghee?

Tania116

Ghee can be made from any butter. Pasture butter is probably best like Susan said above. I've made it before, but now I just buy it by the case (yes!) from Pure Indian Foods (organic). Green Pastures sells a coconut ghee blend that is wonderful. I don't know if it is OK to post website addresses so I won't do it. Newbie, you know!

Have fun making it! Why I am so impressed with myself after I make things like mayo or ghee I'll never know. I'm a food geek.

Ghee can be made from any butter. Pasture butter is probably best like Susan said above. I've made it before, but now I just buy it by the case (yes!) from Pure Indian Foods (organic). Green Pastures sells a coconut ghee blend that is wonderful. I don't know if it is OK to post website addresses so I won't do it. Newbie, you know!

Have fun making it! Why I am so impressed with myself after I make things like mayo or ghee I'll never know. I'm a food geek.

Pam we post links all the time. :) We all strut around like roosters when we conquer ghee and mayo. You should see us when we brew our own kombucha. :0)

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered a few things online from amazon....ghee, fish sauce, Szechuan peppercorns and coconut aminos....getting pantry ready for my June 1 start date...new to Whole30 and need to learn to cook so I can eat healthier and take care of my family...

I just ordered a few things online from amazon....ghee, fish sauce, Szechuan peppercorns and coconut aminos....getting pantry ready for my June 1 start date...new to Whole30 and need to learn to cook so I can eat healthier and take care of my family...

Petfect pantry. Welcome!!

I make my own clarified butter rather than ghee. I think ghee takes the process a step further?

We're lucky down here that all our butter is grass-fed. I actually use salted butter too.

And I agree about making mayo. It's certainly something to skite about! I love it and most of all I love knowing what's gone into it.

Archived