Lightheaded and dizzy

I biked into work today since it's officially "Bike 2 Work Day." It was ~27 mile bike ride that I rode at a pretty leisurely pace, 12mph. I'm feeling pretty lightheaded and dizzy now. Before my ride, I ate some cashews and a few pieces of chopped apples and cantelope. When I got to work, I had a pineapple ring and a sausage patty and sauteed rainbow chard. I've also been drinking water.

I'm used to running for long miles without feeling this way. Is it possible I need to eat something more?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on day 10 and I've alos been feeling lightheaded and dizzy, especially if I stand up from my chair at work. This only really seems to happen through the day, but it can be quite stong sometimes, enough to stop me in my tracks.

I feel I'm eating enough - according to the meal plan, though it's a considerable amount less than I was eating before the plan.

Will this pass or should I eat more?

When I went Paleo last year, I found I had to increase my salt intake. I typically didn't salt my food, but since now was cooking almost 100% of my food, my salt intake was too low. It helped with my dizziness. My blood pressure is very low, naturally, and I also had to add some caffeinated coffee back to my Crio Bru for a boost. Very minimal, but it helped.

Sea salt is wonderful. Have fun with different salts!

I also have pretty low blood pressure and was getting dizzy when I started cutting out processed foods.

I wonder if this could be related to salt/hydration.

I wonder if this could be related to salt/hydration.

I guess I didn't finish my thought. I meant to be agreeing with what Pam said. That adding salt back into your diet is important when you cut processed foods. :-)

Archived