Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

Food Sober =

The next time you look into the mirror I want you to realize YOU are looking at your BEST friend.

6aef916a4341a9321dd221d8baa8a56a--smilin

You might think that someone else is your best friend...but they aren't.

Nobody supports you or wants you to succeed more than the person staring back at you. The person staring back at you is the one you have said horrible things to, thought horrible things about, treated terribly.

Things you would have never done to the person you think is your best friend. If you had, your "best friend" would have left you.

But the BEST friend in the mirror is still there.

That friend is already at the weight you want to be but has been kind enough to carry YOU and not complain.

That friend is more than ready to assist you, encourage you, smile back at you as you move through this program and get healthier.

Realize your BEST friend and watch your life and health change.

- dcducks

e109d19d4cff44c8706046b6c69d3e78--smilin

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Star light, Star bright

May all who enter here

WIN their fight

Staying Food Sober

Is the way I want to be

But it's not simple

As you can plainly see

For some of us

It takes some time

To master all the steps

To admit our problems

Even harder to accept

I put my faith in Dunamis Power

A spiritual awakening

Is what it takes

To stay food sober

My life, I wish to make

I believe in miracles

I know a secret. There some things you just have to keep to yourself. There are a few others here who know the secret. Miracles happened on the WD30 thread. Ooooo, those of us who were here experienced it.

It was tangible and real.  You could feel it. 

I've shot the breeze with a few of the WD30 members and they all say the same thing. Lightning strikes. Maybe once. Maybe twice.

But something extra special happened. It stayed with you wherever you were. Home on the range, home where the buffalo roam, at the gym or workplace. Chrio or aleipho. You can't work it UP with your emotions or brain, it was a free gift.  

We knew where it was coming from and who was behind it. We knew. We knew.

I hope it happens to you. You're in for a real treat if it does. We still talk about it because it was the most wonderful experience.  It was life changing.

Much Love. Tanto Amore.

I hold these weight releasing truths to be self-evident.

Telling the world you are not dieting when you really are is a total disconnect for the brain.

It causes confusion.

Progress belly selfies:

When you slide back off the goose with rebound weight gain do you take more belly selfies as you reverse and fall back in the other direction.

Has that worked for you then?

Progress belly selfies, from the highest weight ever recorded to the lowest makes you feel really low. Soooo loooow.

Progress belly selfies make me feel ashamed of myself.

Drawing more comparisons and competing with others. A weight loss competition.

Normal Food Relationship humans do not take progress belly selfies. They are content to live, move and enjoy all of their being without one progress belly selfie.

They don't plaster photos around their house and say Oooo, Lookie there,  I look the same this year as I did last year.  Schweeeet.

They are content to progress and age naturally, gracefully and beautifully.  They're "normal" and that's what normal people do.  They don't give one iota about the latest dieting fad with overrestriction.

They have normal dopamine receptors and satiety cues.

I'm still standing but don't ever ask me to give you my beginning and ending weight,  measurements along with the progress belly selfies.

Has that changed everything for you then?

Do you release 100 lbs of fat in a year's time, only to rebound with every single one of them in the next year's time.

Are you still living in that self-imposed Food Prison.

I hold these truths to be self-evident. All Felicias are created equal. They are endowed by their Creator with certain undeniable rights.

Among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Happiness Awareness is not overrated. Go in search of it. Hitch your wagon to your Happy Place and don't ever look back over your shoulder.

Answers, answers, answers.

We all know exactly where we're at with our clothes. They tell us everything we need to know.

I don't need measurements or scale readings. Those are just data points. Your spirit cannot be measured in inches and pounds.

Your spirit is free. It's always known what authentic freedom is. It contains your original factory settings.

Your spirit doesn't need GPS coordinates or IQ scores. It doesn't need to brag about SAT's.

Your spirit knows that humility is the beginning of wisdom. Humility is a sign of understanding. It is the opposite of pride.

Pride comes before a fall.

Don't be a gluten for punishment.

It's alright to just say NO and you don't have to explain why.

Whatever you do, don't make up imaginary illnesses or medical conditions to justify your nutritional decisions.

The truth will find you out. Just say NO and move on.

I don't care who makes it or bakes it. No one has to live in my body. I'm not going to eat something to make someone else happy.

Food rewards don't make me happy and being forced to eat them to make someone else happy gives me a really big pinch.

Addiction = Addiction

Do you shove a drink in the recovering alcoholic's hand and give them one more for the road as they drive home? 

If you habitually push past your satiety boundary, you lose touch with your internal cues and the body's stop signs.

This can throw you out there onto the road filled with a lifetime of binge eating, overcompensating with dieting and overrestriction.

The narrower your way of eating, skipping meals every single day, eating only one meal at lunchtime can cause more emotional eating symptoms within hours.

Skipping meals doesn't do a thing for your emotional or hormonal healing.

Withholding food and dialing it down into a dog bowl filled with a few twigs of lettuce and a sprinkling of dog biscuits leads to more disordered behavior and repeated binges.

Disordered behaviors and addiction crossover behaviors are not only about food.

1 in 4 Binge.

Binge eating with corresponding compensation movement - more overrestriction = causes you to obsess about food or the crossover behavior.

All of this alters the serotonin levels in the brain and makes a mess out of the dopamine receptors.

Never let anybody take control of your nutritional decisions.

Ever.

The "Pusher" can be your maw, grandmaw, aunt, coworkers, clients, friends, fair weather friends or strangers.

You have to stand your ground and be firm. Don't lie or tell fibs. It will all come back to bite you in the rearend. Don't concoct or devise imaginary medical conditions or make excuses for yourself. You will lose trust from others and it will make you feel like a fraud.

Just stand UP for yourself and call it like it is. You don't have to go into big lengthy excuses or rationalization.

Shorter is better.

Tell them you're not touching that food or alcohol for 30 days or you're not touching it anymore. Period.

Be nice but super firm with the "Pusher". 

Let them eat cake.  Let them bawl their eyes out over it because you're not.

If you can't get the "Pusher" to stop,  you will have to avoid them in the future.  Alcoholics and anyone in any kind of a recovery program, including food addiction, like me...we learn this as part of making our recovery stick.

We remain strong for ourselves. No one can do this for you.

Archived