Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

Your body doesn't like you. It can no longer deal with that much addiction.

Your body wants to live.

Your spirit will always live.

Your mind has got to be renewed. You can't fix a broken brain with a broken brain. Another brutal diet won't fix it.

Create a positive food management plan that you can live with for the rest of your life.

Consistency for the big WIN.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Addiction is the inability to understand the nature of the risk.

Addiction is the inability to understand that your body doesn't like you.

Addiction is the inability to understand that the mind is a driver, hailbent on seeing to it that you keep on eating or drinking or that thing you do until there's nothing left of you.

We're not going out like that, Felicias.  Hail Noooooo.

We are going to fight for our lives by the skin of our teeth. 

You are going to make peace with your body. You will have to take the tiger out of the cage 3X day.  Your mind is the roaring tiger.

Your spirit will hold on tighter. It won't let you fall.

Come on.  PULLL!!!!!

Discernment.

Change your gut and you can change your life.

Changing your gut has positive side effects. Your body can begin to like you.

Can you read the signs?

If you've left your satiety cues in the dirt after years of food addiction and disorder, you may not be able to read the signs.

Practice, practice, practice.

Most of us can read the signs when we're not someone's cuppa tea, can't we. Ooooo, yes.

You can feel it in your gut. They bail on you or never want to make plans. They're short with you. There is no eye contact and they can hardly wait to leave your presence. The smiles are forced and plastic. They don't ever mirror your "body" language.

When others like you, they start mirroring your hand motions or leaning their face in the same direction you are.  It's a pleasant experience to be in the company of those who really care about and love you.

Your body doesn't like you.  It doesn't even want to look at you.  You've made a foe out of it rather than a friend. 

It wants order out of food chaos. Your body wants to move.  Find movement that your body enjoys and do all of it on your own terms.  Make peace with your body.

You don't have to put it through brutal exercise routines.

Doing things you don't want to do all in the name of weight loss.  Your body will rebel.

Making friends with your body after you've been rejecting it with addiction is going to take time.

Day by day. You'll have to get back in touch your with body and mind. Your spirit will help you, it's always known the way.

That's what this is all about.

Your body doesn't like you.

It's been propping you up and doing its best to keep you together but you keep shoving food rewards down its' gullet. Your body can hardly breathe when you go up the stairs.

You can't bend over and pick yourself back up off the floor without pain and misery.  That's the handwriting on the wall that you're headed in the wrong direction. For real.

Let your body be the barometer of where you're at with food addiction, binge and thrill eating. 

Your body doesn't like it when you start over and over and over again.

The brain doesn't like it. It's a total disconnect for the brain.

Both of them become less receptive when you keep starting over again.

Brain Weight vs. Dream Weight. The bar is set higher and higher, chemically in your  brain when you keep relapsing and rebounding back with weight that comes back all in the form of more fat.

This is more chaos for the mind and body.

The true essence of a grape is revealed when its squeezed. Keep squeezing your body to fit into your Dream Weight mold with brutal dieting and your Brain Weight will keep fighting against you. 

588b76f70e469_ST.thumb.jpg.344792ab8b5b74b32bd4d08b7291b5a5.jpg

I can't waltz around the roaring tiger in the living room.

Recovery won't let you. 

You are going to have to turn around and take a good hard look at the whopping boatloads of rationalization in your past and take full responsibility for everything.

If your jeans still fit you must acquit. If your body hurts everywhere - your body doesn't like you. It wants change, change, change. Today.

Patting yourself on the head with self-pity and excuses. Come back a year from now or 3 years from now.

Has that changed everything for you then?

Your want and desire to recover has to be greater than every obstacle in your way.

Food Prison vs. Food Freedom Forever

A human will be in prison with a door that's unlocked/open inwards as long as it does not occur to them to PULL rather than push the door open.

Get creative and find another way.

Your pathway to healing may not be the same as your friend's or neighbors but your way will fit you better.

There are 1000's of ways to get fit. Who says you have to do it in a particular way. Find exercise you enjoy and do all of it on your own terms.

Consistency for the big WIN.

You can take alot of action or a little action. Consistency about acting is the secret key to winning.

When we commit to taking action every single day - no matter what -

We stop draining all of our energy in the back and forth debate with ourselves.  Should I.  Shouldn't I.

You need to treat your want to recover from food addiction or any addiction as important as your job. 

Don't let a day of thrill eating turn into a week.

Don't let a week turn into a month of thrill eating.

Don't let a month turn into a year.

Don't make UP for overeating by undereating or NOT eating.

Remind yourself how far you've come.

Plan each meal.

Revisit your food journal and repeat that awesome week.

Drink water like its your job.

Repeat this tomorrow.

Your body doesn't like it.

It can no longer handle what you've been doing to it in the name of weight loss.

Today, I visited with someone who was rushed to the big city in an air-med copter last week. They had the widow maker last week on the gurney.

Their life was flashing by their eyes.

I've been down this same road with several loved ones. Making that long drive to the hospital while they're in the ambulance or med-copter. Keeping all of your wits about you while driving as you know it's life or death.

They said, I knew I had it comin' and I deserved it, too. I've been eating burgers and fries and donuts all the days of my life. 

It's human nature to wait until you're at death's door before you make some real changes.  You can make excuses for yourself until the cows come home. Ooooo, don't be so hard on yourself.

I'm here to tell you, when you're looking death in the face...you will want to live. We are bent on survival.

So don't wait until the widow maker is knocking on your front door.  Don't wait until you've got diabetes and all of the other side effects of obesity, overfat and overweight everything.

Call it what you want, just call it as it is. Look it square in the eye and face the reality of what you're doing to yourself.

Your body doesn't like it.

It never did. Some order out of all of the food chaos in your life must imposed. Your life depends on it and your loved ones want you around. It's not your time to gooooooo. Nooooo.

You were meant to live, to live, to live.

You will want to be around. You'll want every procedure and action taken on your behalf.  Don't wait until you reach that fork in the road to take it. 

Choices and Consequences.  Choose life and life more abundantly. 

Much Love. Tanto Amore.

Do I remember any of these things I say to myself on a daily basis?

I do. 

They change from day to day or week to week but I remember.

What's ringing in my ears and spirit over the last few days....Your body doesn't like it.

I have to remind myself where I've come from so I will not live to repeat my history with food addiction.

I don't want to live letting the immediate gratification of constant food rewards kill every dream and fill every day with regret. Despair.

I can manage those old triggers, one day at a time.

Your body doesn't like it.  That's the nutshell.

Straightforward, blunt and to the point.

Food addiction and disorder is about rejecting yourself.

Self-rejection is the pain that keeps delivering blow after blow after blow. These things must be sorted out. Face-to-face.

Your body doesn't like being treated like a trash can.

Your body hears everything your mind says.

Your mind likes to bully the body.

Your body doesn't like that either.

Your body deserves to live.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318723.php?utm_source=TrendMD&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Medical_News_Today_TrendMD_1

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170805165319.htm

Loneliness a bigger killer than obesity

Study of 300,000 participants, found that greater social connection is associated with a 50 percent reduced risk of early death.

Social animals are strongly motivated to seek out the company of others, especially after periods of isolation, because their brains are wired to find it rewarding.

Ridgewalking or hiking in grizz country is a tad different than walking around a city park. There are different kinds of critters and predators everywhere you go, so stay aware of your surroundings at all times.

Is it worth it. 

If you don't overestimate your survival skills and know that if you make a mistake, it's all on you. Especially in case of injury in the backcountry, you may not be able to hike out of there. There may not be any cell phone service whatsoever. You might not see anyone else on the trail for a day or days. Nights are cold, especially if you're wearing sandals, tennis shoes and a short sleeved shirt.

Large predators see you as prey, especially if you're alone. Your backpack will be heavier because you have to carry everything you'll need. All pieces of equipment don't scale directly with every person. There's no one around to help you share the load, especially if you become injured.

The first part of this summer, two well seasoned solo hikers were gone within one week. You can do everything right and still make a mistake.

We know someone who was mauled and survived. They are highly skilled, expert at everything and yet, it happened.

Weigh the risks. There's more grizz around than ever because of successful recovery measures.

Having the cheeks of your face mauled, backsides of your arms and thighs is permanent.  You choose, you decide. 

There are pros to hiking alone. You can set your own pace and it may be quiet. But if you're in bear country, you need to make some noise.

We've spent our share of time in the land of the grizz. I've been in chest-deep snow with a sharp crusty edge cutting right into your skin in early summer. Stumbled upon a grizzly feeding upon an elk. Thankfully, the wind was blowing in our favor.

Then there was Geraldine. I'll never forget her. Always had those cubs with her.  A good mother. Really. She liked to roam around where the people were.

Fried chicken was on the countertop and Maw was next door. Screen door was open. I told you about that 3 years ago.

Remember your first aid kid and small cook stove. A pan, just in case you'll need to eat a gopher or squirrel, pinecones, dirt and your old tennis shoes. Maybe you can catch a fish.

I hear Paw's words in my spirit. You've just got to use your head besides something to part your ears with.  Happy Trails to you.

All baked goods are made of 3 items.  Sugar, flour and fat. These 3 items supercharge the brain's reward system.

Food addicts have broken dopamine receptors/cues and these 3 items overpower the brain's ability to tell you to STOP eating.

Would you risk eating or drinking or smoking yourself to death to satisfy your need for more, more, more?

Addicts do.

Left to their own desires, they decrease their intake of all healthy foods and switch to multi-crap. Immediately.

Broken dopamine receptors override the basic need of survival and self-preservation.

Food addiction is an inability to suppress the eating all the things behavior regardless of all of the negative consequences.

They have impulsive and compulsive behaviors.

Food addiction is not a weight loss problem.

All food addicts want to eat less but their broken dopamine receptors drive them to eat more. The need for more progresses with food addiction and the years that you let it go. It does not go away or get better on its own.

The more they eat. The more they want. A genetic/brain defect in leptin - appetite related hormones drives, drives, drives the food addict.

The appetite center is located in the brain.

Deliberately engineered to be craved foods = chemical sheetstorms

Obese. Overfat. Overweight. They overeat just to experience the same amount of satiety that average weight people enjoy from normal portions.

Food Addiction is the inability to understand the nature of the risk.

Obesity is not caused by a lack of willpower.

The brain's reward center has been held hostage by a network system that's gone haywire.

You become a looper. 

Chronic food rewards creates a feedback loop in the brain.  The more you consume, the more you crave.

That bar keeps setting itself higher and higher and higher and it becomes harder to satisfy the cravings with food.

People who are born with lower DR2 receptors are at a greater genetic risk of developing obesity and addictions.

It's not only food. There's a crossover into other areas of your life. These brain systems struggle with suppressing risky behaviors that have negative consequences. Despite warnings, they'll do shocking things for their reward systems.

Addictive foods drive addiction. Deliberately and highly engineered to be craved foods are the nicotine of junk foods.

Sugars, flours and fats.  The more you eat of these the greater the impact to your broken reward system.

Recovering addicts:

All of them. Food, alcohol, drugs, smoking, gambling, shopping, love....

Environmental cues are the biggest cause of relapse.

We are saturated with sugar, flour, fat everywhere we look. This will make it difficult for the food addict to quit and become food sober.

The body doesn't like it. It really doesn't like what food addiction does to it.  The health consequences are vast and multi-layered and heartbreaking.

My body doesn't like it.  I don't like it. 

The mind will bully the body and drive it right into the ground. It doesn't really care as long as it gets its way.

My spirit cares. It's the best part of me. 

Archived