Red in the Face

NickBar

Hey All,

Just a quick question....

My wife is an avid Crossfitter (me here and there) and we are on day 24 her first 30 experience. We have noticed that when we are working out, her face gets SUPER red. This has only occurred within the last two weeks... I am talking a noticeable red... not rosacea red, but the "I have been doing a handstand for 3 minutes" red... We have been crosfitting for several years so we know it's not just the heat... any insight on what might be causing this? Thanks!

NB

• Moderators

No one here is a doctor or trained medical professional so if you are worried, please see a doctor.  It could be, however, that due to balancing hormones, she's just getting hotter than usual so her body is moving blood to the surface of the body to cool off... I don't think this is a food thing persay... 

• 1 month later...

That has been happening to me (on Day 8) and I have not changed the intensity of my exercise but it has felt more difficult and I sweat more with less intensity and my face gets super red.  I attributed it to my body learning to burn fat for fuel and not being as efficient at doing so at this point.  

Archived