best dish for a potluck?

SarrizleP

I'm going to a dinner next Friday and I'm not sure if there will be anything compliant for me so I've offered to bring a dish or two. Anybody have any good options that would be fairly satisfying for me if they're the only thing I can eat? And I can eat some chicken before I go or after I get home so it doesn't necessarily have to be a full W30 meal but something more than some roasted Brussels sprouts, ya know?

There's a thread on here somewhere about someone going to a work pot luck, a lot of good suggestions.

We had a work potluck on Friday and I brought pulled pork and homemade bbq sauce. Someone had brought a tray of veggies, so I was pretty set. Other suggestions: chili, deviled eggs, veggie platter with guac or paleo mayo dip, meatballs (I found a good looking recipe recently and wish I had save it). I've also done a broccoli salad- chopped raw broccoli, with diced chicken, raisins, bacon, some coleslaw or broccoli slaw, sometimes I'll add sunflower seeds, all mixed with evoo and balsamic vinegar.

Have fun!

I think the search defaults to this topic and you want to change it to search the whole forum

nevermind.. I did that and didn't find it either.

Haha. Thanks for trying though. :) I think I will put together some sort of broccoli salad and di deviled eggs. The hostess said she is making oven roasted chicken with olive oil and spices, veggies and mashed potatoes. So I will try the chicken, veggies and my veggies. That should work.

Well Fed (The Clothes Make the Girl) has some really tasty looking recipes that could easily be potluck friendly, there are a couple of meatball recipes I'm itching to try. The Chocolate Chile is outstanding, my non W30 family all loves it-although the hubs thinks it needs beans <_< I made the Rogan Josh from her book too this week and while I found it a tad on the salty side (note to self...reduce salt in the recipes) I loved it, the meat-I used beef chunk instead of lamb-was fall apart tender and the spice is very warming.

If you want something fancier, and you have compliant bacon, you can wrap some asparagus and roast that or another favorite finger food is pork sausage with finely diced veggies stuffed in mushrooms. Mashed cauliflower, instead of potatos, or mashed sweet potato.

Archived