Day 46 and dinner out

kellyp

I started with W30 and felt so good I decided to continue on. So on day 46, I went to dinner for the first time and had my first glass of wine. I noticed several things about my evening out that I would like to share.

I had a compliant dinner. I called the restaurant ahead of time and found out how things were prepared and made my decision before going. I even took my own salad dressing. I had a steak, salad and sauteed veggies. I also had a glass of cabernet.

When I finished my dinner, I noticed that I was not at all satisfied. I was not hungry but didn't feel that I was done. I don't know if it was because the veggie serving was significantly smaller than I would have at home or what.

The wine tasted VERY sweet and I was so surprised at how it woke my sugar dragon!!! I didn't think my dragon was that strong because he had not shown himself at all in 45 days!!!

Given the fact that I didn't feel satisfied after dinner and had a horrible sweet tooth when I got home I ate at least 6 dates (maybe more) with home made pecan butter! I could have kept going! I could not believe how out of control I was. I had to get ready for bed in order to stop eating.

I'm thankful that I didn't have anything in the house such as chocolate but boy do I feel kind of icky this morning. I don't think my sleep was as restful as it normally is and I am not hungry this morning.

I'm really not sure that it was worth all of that to have that glass of wine.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this. I am on Day 29 today and the day after our Whole30, my husband and I are planning to each have a small glass of wine (he's doing W30 with me). Your post scares me but I'm going to buy us a bottle of drier wine vs sweeter. I'm hoping that helps. If not, I can't say I wasn't warned!

I hear ya. I usually drink Cabernet, which I don't think is typically sweet. But it sure tasted sweet. I also had wine this past weekend. It still seemed pretty sweet but then I just didn't feel good the next day after just one glass. I know others that didn't have any issues at all when they reintroduced it. Congratulations on making it through the 30 days! (almost). Let me know how you enjoy your wine.

Archived