What are Other Good Carbs Besides Sweet Potatoes?

Hi,

I have Hashimoto's, and I am looking for some carbs that I could eat besides sweet potatoes. Why?

Yesterday, I got my lab results back after doing a Whole 30. While my TSH dropped about 33%, my antibodies went up a little. I am not sure if that is because I am eating goiterous food like sweet potatoes, if it was from the sugar in my breakfast meats and shrimp, or if it because I ate some nuts (something to avoid if you are on the autoimmune protocol).

So, I figure if I can eliminate the goiterous foods, at least for now, that may help. But I am not sure.

At the same time, I do workout to P90X, so I need something heavier to eat than veggies like carrots, celery, mushrooms, and onions.

Any recommendations?

Mary

• 2 weeks later...

I buy organic canned butternut squash and eat about half a can at meal 1 with browned grassfed ground beef and sometimes again at meal 2. I love it just heated up in the leftover meat drippings with Celtic sea salt. I am also on AIP and can't just eat non-starchy veg. Probably once or twice a week I roast whole spaghetti or acorn squash as well.

• 5 years later...

Archived