Do I need to restart?

I told all my family I was doing this and my mother in law made me dinner last night. she made grilled chicken that I thought she seasoned it from scratch but when I asked her how she did it she said it was store bought marinade. I had already eaten it. later I secretly when through the garbage can to read the ingredients, there is a lot of stuff I cannot have:

Water, Lemon Juice from Concentrate (Water, Lemon Juice Concentrate), High Fructose Corn Syrup, Salt, Distilled Vinegar, Vegetable Oil (Canola And/Or Soybean), Contains Less Than 2% Modified Food Starch, Black Pepper, Xanthan Gum, Dried Minced Onion, Dill Seed, Potassium Sorbate And Sodium Benzoate, (As Preservatives), Natural Flavor, Beta-Carotene (For Color). Allergy Warning: May Contain Traces of Milk, Eggs, Anchovies, Wheat And Soy.

and she put butter on the brocolli. I am on day 10 today (day 9 yesterday)

should I restart? I realize everything I ate last night was horrible!

perhaps I need to refuse others making my meals for me. :(

I guess it would depend on how sensitive your body is to the ingredients. My thought is that you may be fine with the very small amounts, unless you are highly sensitive. (For me, the slightest bit of potato sets my stomach on fire, so I am ridiculously sensitive) I think one way to judge is to see if you feel "hung-over", or have stronger sugar cravings, or that sort of thing, over the next few days.

And hang onto the thought that not everything was horrible, only certain hidden additives were. Sounds like your MIL's good intentions when sideways.

Hang in there!

It stinks when someone has great intentions but gets things so wrong. It's happened to us all, I think. I think the thing to do is to add on 30 squeaky clean days from here. Don't think of it as a restart - thing of it as a carrying on. You didn't screw up and you aren't being punished, but your body deserves 30 days to rest and heal. You are worth the extra 10 days!

Archived