seasonal allergies

I've never really been one for seasonal allergies where I live now (used to get the sniffles a lot growing up in Florida... living in ND now for 8 years). Suddenly, this year, I've been sneezing my head off the last couple of days as the trees burst into pollen prior to leaves.

Could be just coincidence, but since the ONLY thing I'm doing differently this year from previous springs is Whole30/60/100, I'm wondering if my body is showing more sensitivity to available allergens because I'm overall less inflamed. Just curious, this will pass I know, it's just annoying!

Actually, my experience has been the reverse; a lower sensitivity to allergens. When your immune system's being constantly tried and tested, it gets hyperactive and oversensitive. When you're less inflamed, your immune system is better equipped to handle invaders

I know this spring has been really bad, so it's probably coincidental

This is one effect of Whole 30/paleo eating that I wish I could experience (lessened seasonal allergies). Even though I'm gluten free and almost totally dairy free even between Whole 30's, I really haven't noticed an improvement in my allergies. Maybe if I keep it up I eventually will...

But there's been plenty of other amazing changes...so I shouldn't complain ;)

Archived