Hi Friends,

I am starting Whole30 tomorrow. This is going to be my log for the next 30 days. I am excited to feel better, eat clean, start walking, and lose weight.

I will be 33 next week (woah!). I am happily married to my husband and have an almost 2 year old. Life is busy here in San Antonio, TX - especially as we get ready for our big move to Northern California!

I have the "It Starts With Food" book, and I loved reading it. It's got me totally pumped for the next 30 days, and I feel inspired and as determined as ever!

Hope to meet people on this forum, and to go through this journey with you!

Good luck, Thanks for listening and stay healthy!

Mango

Congratulations! I've found the forum to be really helpful. Tracking my progress has been very healing for me. Even if I'm the only one reading my posts, I still post just for accountability to myself. Also, the daily emails are well worth the $15!

Good luck with day 1!

Thank you! I signed up for the Daily emails! Got Day 0, and can't wait to start tomorrow. Like you, I figured if I was the only person who read them it is a great way to keep me accountable.

Have you finished a Whole30?

I miss wine too! I am going to miss milk (and a teeny amount of sugar) in my coffee, and maybe a little sweet tea. But I have gotten used to unsweetend iced and warm teas. I still can't do coffee black though.

Miss my wine, miss my GnT's and miss my cheese, and chocolate. But none of it is worth it right now. Gotta focus on getting healthier. :)

A friend told me to write down a "things I'm going to miss" list. She suggested to cross things off as I progress and seem to be fine without them. Then at the end of the 30 days I'll know what I'd like to add back in (in limited amounts of course). It sounded like a great idea but I'm fairly certain wine, vodka, chocolate and coffee creamer won't be making an exit from the list at all. Ever. Lol

Okay, time for some good sleep. Good luck tomorrow!

Happy day 1 Mango! Yes, the list does actually help me get a grip on what really matters. News flash to me, it's not actually cookies. I've crossed them off my list. I could care less about them at this point.

My best advice to you right now is do the cook up once a week and make your crockpot do most of the work! Lol. I have a new love for my crockpot and George Foreman grill.

Have a great day!

You'll get there with your own list. Trust me if I had been told 10 days ago the cookies and sweets wouldn't matter to me in two short weeks I would laughed my a** off, taken another gulp of wine and said "uuuhhh, you cra-cra crazy". Now I've been shocked at how much my relationship with food has changed and the speed it has actually happened. It's like a miracle. Really. Power through the first few miserable days you have and then get ready to blow your own mind!

Make it a great day!

Hi Mango! Checking in from the "100 day Group". Feel free to read the 100 day log. For me -- since October-- I lost 20 lbs with little effort, sleep through the night, no morning headaches are my best results. My biggest fears of giving up were wine snd almond milk in my coffee. I learned that those 2 things don't matter to me. I drink my coffee black (also check out the forum on bullet proof coffee-/ very interesting! ) and I have very little desire to drink ( most surprising of all).

The reason I am going back for a reset is that I am eating too much sugar -- ice cream snd jelly beans. Also surprising. And I am bloated and dont know why. And I no longer sleep through the night. So something is definitely up! Feel free to check out our log as we go forward these next 30 days. Also ask Amy questions here or there. I will follow your log.

You'll get there with your own list. Trust me if I had been told 10 days ago the cookies and sweets wouldn't matter to me in two short weeks I would laughed my a** off, taken another gulp of wine and said "uuuhhh, you cra-cra crazy". Now I've been shocked at how much my relationship with food has changed and the speed it has actually happened. It's like a miracle. Really. Power through the first few miserable days you have and then get ready to blow your own mind!

Make it a great day!

Oh man, you are so motivating. I'm totally going to power through with these few days. Today I feel great - but as the timeline suggested, it's still early. I can't wait for my mind to be blown! :)

Thanks so much!

Hi Mango! Checking in from the "100 day Group". Feel free to read the 100 day log. For me -- since October-- I lost 20 lbs with little effort, sleep through the night, no morning headaches are my best results. My biggest fears of giving up were wine snd almond milk in my coffee. I learned that those 2 things don't matter to me. I drink my coffee black (also check out the forum on bullet proof coffee-/ very interesting! ) and I have very little desire to drink ( most surprising of all).

The reason I am going back for a reset is that I am eating too much sugar -- ice cream snd jelly beans. Also surprising. And I am bloated and dont know why. And I no longer sleep through the night. So something is definitely up! Feel free to check out our log as we go forward these next 30 days. Also ask Amy questions here or there. I will follow your log.

Shelly! Thank you so much for following my log. And congrats on the success you have had so far! 20lbs with little effort, that is remarkable! I think its great that with this program your relationship with food changes. I think that's what gets me excited the most. I finally want to feel in control - which I think this program can give me.

I will follow up with the 100 days as well! Thank you!

Oh and I'm curious about this bullet proof coffee - going to go read that now! Thanks.

SO I checked out the Bullet Proof Coffee - Very interesting to put Ghee and Coconut oil in Coffee and mix it in a blender. I imagine it would give the creamer effect, but because I'm not a heavy coffee drinker I think I will put that in my back pocket for now (especially since I like my coffee with a little sweetener). Will give the BP coffee a try when Im really craving a cup. For now, it's black tea with a hint of cinnamon. YUM!

Good luck mango, please stay in touch... Guess what, I can live without cookies and candy... It really can happen!

For me the 100 was about breaking my sugar dragon and learning what compliant foods trigger problems... Coffee, nuts, coconut etc

I think I gained weight but won't weigh until after this whole30. But I don't get sick anymore, my bloods are finally in the right ranges and my IBS is much improved as is my skin. What I love the most is that now I pretty much only eat real food... No frankenfood or processed rubbish..... Which means I am looking after my body right!

Good luck mango, please stay in touch... Guess what, I can live without cookies and candy... It really can happen!

For me the 100 was about breaking my sugar dragon and learning what compliant foods trigger problems... Coffee, nuts, coconut etc

I think I gained weight but won't weigh until after this whole30. But I don't get sick anymore, my bloods are finally in the right ranges and my IBS is much improved as is my skin. What I love the most is that now I pretty much only eat real food... No frankenfood or processed rubbish..... Which means I am looking after my body right!

That sounds great Juzbo! Seems like you learned a lot about your body during your 100 days! I can't believe you are doing another 30... Incredible!

Good luck and thanks for the motivation!

DAY 1: Feel okay. Definitely less bloated, no heartburn.

Meal 1: Had eggs, shredded veggies with chicken cubes, and half a banana.

Meal 2: Sautéed Asparagus, mushrooms, onions, with ground turkey, a small sweet potato, and a nectarine

Meal 3: Ground turkey with wilted spinach, and half an avocado.

Snack 1: Banana with almond butter.

Water with all meals.

I feel like I ate too much. Mostly I feel like I ate too much fruit. Need to watch that for tomorrow. Otherwise, not bad. Goodnight y'all!

Start of Day 2. I got sick. Bleh - Congestion, sore throat, and oh my sinuses! Bleh!

I am definitely low in energy this morning. Slightly bloated. And have a headache. I know this is fairly normal so I'm just going to push through.

I'm loving the daily emails, they help a lot.

Day 2 was the worst for me by far. My head was pounding from the time I woke up until I finally went to sleep that night. Day 3 wasn't great but it was better than day 2. Keep going, soon you'll be at day 29 and wonder where the time went! You got this!

Thanks Chitowngirlintx!

Day 2 (aside from the sickness) was okay. Stayed compliant and was a little blah all day. Didn't exercise or get my walk in.

Here's to a good day tomorrow! Good night folks!

Today is a good day! I woke up hungry - which is a good sign. My cold/flu symptoms are still there, but overall I feel good. Had a little trouble sleeping last night - was up very late.

Day 3 - wool! :)

How is everyone else doing?

Archived