Very excited!

anm54

Hi!

I just wanted to introduce myself before I start my first Whole30! My name is Ashley and I heard of Whole30 from one of my coworkers. She has told me about how it changed her life and has encouraged me multiple times to give it a try. I have to admit, the first time I looked at the website I felt VERY intimidated. I have been trying to work on my weight/health for about 6 months now. I was doing weight watchers and it just wasn't for me. I am getting married in September and have a final fitting for my dress (Yikes!) on August 4th. My coworker was convinced I could lose some of those last stubborn pounds by doing the Whole30. So I looked into it again, and I saw ISWF and I immediatly bought it for my kindle. The next couple of days I was obsessed with reading all of the information in the book and I started to really believe this is something I can do! I think I was even more excited to start realizing that you can still cook up recipes and have real meals on this plan. I suffer from migraines and allergies as well so another huge motivation for me is to see how my diet has been affecting those aspects of my life. Needless to say I haven't even started yet and know that this will be life changing for me. I'm starting on July 9th (I have a tasting with my caterer this weekend so don't want to cheat!) with my fiance and we are both excited to see the changes ahead. Wish me luck!

Congratulations on the engagement! What a nice way to begin a marriage. The dress fitting also provides a built in incentive to stay the course. When I began my own program I was looking forward to being the mother of the groom. I'm excited to say that my son has been happily married for 2 1/2 years now and I'm even more committed to this lifestyle now than I was then. It is without a doubt the healthiest, most sustainable way of eating I have ever experienced.

Best wishes for healthy beginnings.

It is without a doubt the healthiest, most sustainable way of eating I have ever experienced.

^This. So true, I find it crazy when people balk at it using words like restrictive, fad etc...

Archived