Accidental food coloring ingestion- do I need to restart my W30?

Hi! Been lurking for a while but this is my first post.

So here's an idiotic thing I did- I neglected to do my research on an unfamiliar "food".

When I happened upon masago roe at the Asian market, I was so excited and started eating it on everything for two days. It wasn't until I cooked it in something that I noticed it losing its beautiful orange color, got suspicious, Googled and learned that it is dyed. I must not even have questioned it because that's the only way I've ever seen it, and I know that salmon roe is that color naturally. I just wasn't thinking.

I'm a week into my second W30- this time with the autoimmune restrictions, which is a whole other rant full of questions. I've always been fairly sensitive to food dyes, but have so many other food sensitivities that I didn't connect my stomach pain with the roe until after the fact.

Am I derailed enough that I need to start over or is this more of a learn your lesson and move on thing, and how do I tell the difference in the future?

• Moderators

If you are sensitive to food dyes and you've been eating food dyes, you might want to either start over, or better, just add one week to your existing Whole30 and call it a Whole37. You owe it to yourself to see how you feel with 30 perfect days.

Thanks, that's what I figured too. When I'm this early in a challenge, I think that calling it a do-over would tempt me to go on some kind of cheat day/free for all, better to call it an extension.

Archived