I am about to spend the next 6 months living out of a suitcase in hotels. At most I will have a mini-fridge and microwave, but that is not even guaranteed. I am going to do everything I can to avoid eating out. I will be spending about a month at a time in the same place, but not really long enough to start meal delivery anywhere (except maybe San Diego and Newport, RI).

Does anyone have any tips, resources or ideas for surviving? I will be attending very important training and need to stay alert and sharp and can only do that with a clean diet!

Help!

Thanks!!
Linda

Random thoughts: Can you research personal chefs in the areas where you'll be travelling and hire a personal chef to prepare and deliver compliant meals to you?  Have in your room: sardines. Avocados. Eggs (you can microwave a beaten egg), vegetables that you can cook in the microwave. I wouldn't completely avoid dining out: gravitate toward places that cook to order. For hotels that have a restaurant/catering, make friends with the chef and see if you can arrange for compliant meals during your stay.

Canned tuna, canned pink salmon, canned sardines in oil, even canned chicken if you can find any that is compliant....  Bags of broccoli slaw can be eaten raw or steamed in a microwave.  Steam-in-the-bag green beans.  I love to steam spinach in the microwave -- I just take a stoneware bowl, stuff in a pile of spinach, and put the plate on top.   A minute or 75 seconds later in my machine, it's done.  I do the same with arugula too; it just takes a little longer.

Also, I don't know why a month in one place is not long enough for a meal delivery, if you research in advance.  Maybe you have already ruled it out, but if not, I would not throw the idea away just yet.

Archived