TBinSD

I just ran across something I hadn't seen before and I was wondering if any of the experienced folks here have any opinions on Coconut Sugar?  It's organic, non-gmo, and from the same company that I get my maca powder from -- Natvias.  Now I know full well that this is not compliant under the whole 30, but I'm curious as to thoughts on this product/food.  Is it as bad as any other sugar?  Not that I add sugar to anything really, but should something call for sugar, is this a good option?  Thanks!  

I tried it at the end of my first W30, as a potential replacement for the multiple packs of Truvia and Sweet N' Low I used to put in each cup of coffee. Supposedly it is a low glycemic alternative. I didn't care for it at all. It's sort of sweet, but not really a great sugar replacement as far as taste is concerned. I find that after a while of eating this way, I don't really crave added sugar the way I used to.

I love the taste of coconut sugar.  Probably too much.  I really enjoy baking so I do bake "paleoish" treats for my family.  The flavor from the coconut sugar is fantastic.  I have not tried it since finishing my whole 30 Monday as I really don't want sweets but my kids are teens and I have found that if I don't make it at home they find it somewhere else with worse junk in it so I continue to make treats for them.

• 3 months later...

Archived