One Day at a Time

Last night I wrote (a somewhat rambling) blog post to sum up my series on my W30 experience.  I went on to talk about what a food disaster I've been since about two days after completing W30.  It felt good to just lay it all out there.  www.embracingbalance if you are interested.

I finished that post on a high note though.  Yesterday I wrote myself a W30 meal plan for the day and set myself a goal of ONE DAY.  And I did it.  And I felt so much better for it.  Emotionally and physically.

I'm still certain that I can't be 100% W30/Paleo all of the time because my lack of energy was almost debilitating at some points and three weeks later I'm still trying to recover, but I am putting some serious thought into keeping dairy, gluten, and fake sugars out of my diet all together.  They make me feel bad, and feed all of my lifelong bullshit cravings.

Overnight my belly isn't bloated, my insides feel better (TMI if you know what I mean), I'm more hydrated, and my cravings have toned it down.  After JUST ONE DAY of proper clean eating.

So today I'm trying it again.  Another ONE DAY at a time...

• Moderators

If your energy levels are low, you may need more carbs. If you aren't getting enough through sweet potatoes, beets, parsnips, etc., you might try rice now that you are post-Whole30. Rice has few nutrients, but delivers a good amount of carbs and causes trouble for only a few people.

Archived