The family's first Whole30

plzthx

My husband and I had been slowly altering our diets since he was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes not long ago. He had some success, but was still not seeing the results he wanted. He stumbled across Paleo while researching on the internet, and was intrigued. I was skeptical, as I have never been much of a fan of trendy diets. However, at his insistence, I bought It Starts with Food and The Paleo Answer, and after reading them we made the decision to change our family's diet for good. We have been eating mostly Paleo for about a week, while discussing the upcoming changes with our children to get them on board with the idea (only one is resisting, our 17 year old milk loving son).

We are all starting our Whole30 tomorrow! I expect the biggest challenge for me is going to be giving up the Diet Coke, but I've known for a while that it needs to go. Thankfully, the vending machines have been removed at the office, so the temptation will not be there all day. Getting my son to give up his dairy, which I spent so many years convincing him to love, is also going to be tough. We are committed to this though, and I think that having built in support from the family is going to go a long way in helping us stick with it.

Archived