Pleasant realization today

Juice06870

I'm on day 24 of my first Whole30.  One of the biggest adjustments I had to make was having to eat real food after my workouts.  I have always used protein/creatine shakes after working out and really enjoyed having a cold shake after working out.  So when I started this and had to start eating 6-8 oz of warm chicken breast and a sweet potato (cold because it tastes better), I had to literally choke those post workout meals down after every workout.  

Tonight I was eating my usual 7oz of grilled chicken and a sweet potato and about half way through, I realized that I was really enjoying it and not having that feeling of having to choke the food down to get through the meal.  I guess that must have happened about a week or so ago, but I just did not realize it.

My workout tonight was also an excellent one, I have been going through what seems to be an all too common rut in my workouts for most of my whole30, but tonight I was able to go hard and was very satisfied with how it went.

It really is amazing how the body can adapt. I know I am not out of the woods yet, I feel like I am still growing into and adjusting to this whole way of eating, but I am glad I stuck through it through some pretty hard times.  

6 more days, I hope it only keeps getting better from here.  

Archived