Ready to get started 6/24/13

Jennifer Lagania

Update: I spoke too soon, stomach hurting again before dinner so not feeling hungry. I've got my stuff mostly prepped but going to hold off on cooking until I get the urge to eat. 

Thanks for the suggestion. Currently my scale is under my bed and the only way to get at it would be to physically move my bed. Since I'm feeling kinda blah right now I'm getting the urge to weigh-in so I have to fight that now. It's definitely a validation thing. If I'm feeling fat and bloated but my weight isn't up then it's okay...and if it is then commence freakout...lol. I honestly weigh myself 8 times a day sometimes. We'll see how this works out for now. 

I'm rooting for you :-)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how's everyone's day 2 going? I'm on Day 3. I had sweet potato hash with ground turkey for breakfast along with a banana, but I'm definitely ready for some more new recipes. I've been biding my time until my exam is done (tonight) so I can spend some real time shopping and cooking. Went to bed with a headache last night and anxious to get back into my workouts, but otherwise feeling good. I'm trying to think of it as one day at a time...and I'm already halfway through this day, so that's reassuring !

Evening of day 2 for med and I started the day with the same hungerlike pain in the stomach after a breakfast of fried veggies (broccoli, carrots) with egg, nuts and an apple on the side. Yesterday I think the sweetpotato fries helped to cure it, but today I opted for a bit less veggies for lunch and that helped me today. So maybe my stomach just needs to get used to the added amount of veggies :-/ 

My scale is calling me every hour and I really want to see what is going on with my weight, but until now I have resisted - and now I only have 28 days to go :-)  ... I might have to take my own advice and ask my hubby to hide the scale :-D

One day at a time is the way for me too.

Tomorrow I am having chiken for breakfast for the first time - that will be interesting.

Afternoon of day 2 of Whole30 for me. I was quite hungry last night and am hungry now but I'm trying really hard to wait until dinner. I was experiencing some stomach pain as well (maybe from all the coconut oil?) but it subsided after I ate at dinner time. 

What I'm finding the hardest is definitely not weighing myself (I have been on the scale a couple of times already. It's an issue I'm working through, haha) and not being fat/calorie phobic. I feel like I'm eating so much fat and have to stop myself from mentally counting calories to make sure I'm not overeating. I clearly have a lot of mental issues to work through! 

I actually hid my scale in the closet yesterday morning.  I found myself wanting to weigh myself so I hid it and haven't thought twice about it. 

Day one I got extremely hungry and a nasty attitude and just could not be bothered by anything.  I was pretty cheerful yesterday and found myself still having a lot of energy after I got home (normally I crash).  I am really hoping that my body keeps up the great reactions. 

Pinterest has really helped in the food prep department, and I love the new flavors/recipes that I'm finding.  I found out from Monday that I need to pack plenty of food and eat till I am feeling full.  I was trying to portion/calorie control Monday and feel that may have been the culprit of the hatefulness in me.  :) Welp, off to prep breakfast!   

HAPPY DAY 3 to everyone!!

So how's everyone's day 2 going? I'm on Day 3. I had sweet potato hash with ground turkey for breakfast along with a banana, but I'm definitely ready for some more new recipes. I've been biding my time until my exam is done (tonight) so I can spend some real time shopping and cooking. Went to bed with a headache last night and anxious to get back into my workouts, but otherwise feeling good. I'm trying to think of it as one day at a time...and I'm already halfway through this day, so that's reassuring !

Definitely, definitely pinterest... I searched whole 30 ______ and loads of recipes come up! 

Hi Everyone,

I start my whole 30 # 2 on Monday.  I was going to keep going from my previous one (finished last Wednesday) but I messed up over the weekend. I find that eating avocado and other good fats got me through the first week 1.  The fats are a really important part of this.  ;

:) you can all do it, I know you can! :)

Definitely, definitely pinterest... I searched whole 30 ______ and loads of recipes come up! 

Oh, good call. I have to look some up. I'm going home to my parents for 5 days starting tomorrow so I'll have to put the extra effort in to stay compliant. They're supportive and definitely won't try and sabotage me, but my mum needs to understand no sugar means not even a touch of maple syrup in her homemade salad dressing. 

Day 4 sucks. I woke up with no energy again (thank god for coffee) and just feel kinda blah. I have run club tonight and will be doing 10k. I also have to get back on my half marathon training schedule so I really need this energy to pick up a bit. 

Day 4 for me seems to be more like Day 6 based on the timeline, (that better mean I get my tiger blood sooner).  I'm ready for the food dreams now. 

Oh, but big news. I managed not to weigh myself this morning. I wanted to, but I contained the urge. 

Oh, good call. I have to look some up. I'm going home to my parents for 5 days starting tomorrow so I'll have to put the extra effort in to stay compliant. They're supportive and definitely won't try and sabotage me, but my mum needs to understand no sugar means not even a touch of maple syrup in her homemade salad dressing. 

Day 4 sucks. I woke up with no energy again (thank god for coffee) and just feel kinda blah. I have run club tonight and will be doing 10k. I also have to get back on my half marathon training schedule so I really need this energy to pick up a bit. 

Day 4 for me seems to be more like Day 6 based on the timeline, (that better mean I get my tiger blood sooner).  I'm ready for the food dreams now. 

Oh, but big news. I managed not to weigh myself this morning. I wanted to, but I contained the urge. 

I knew you could not do it... I mean I knew you could stay off the scales. I will still be rooting for you! 

Good luck with the 5 days at your parrents house. It's always a bit harder when your not home.

AV!!! My stomach just doesn't like the morning veggies. I've done raw, cooked, salad and non of it went down well. Today my stomach was cramping during lunch.

Otherwise things are good. I have lots of energy - even though I only had 5 hours of sleep (one thing I really need to get into my whole30 as well). Chicken wasn't too bad for breakfast ;-)

So by the end of day 3 (well 8 p.m. anyway) I am doing pretty good - but not looking forward to my morning veggies.

Ran 10k tonight with my run club. Started a little fast and the heat combined with the lack of carbs made it a really crappy one. I feel like death now. Supposed to have dinner but have no appetite.  :wacko:

Oh, but I am craving the ice cream my roommate has in the fridge. Like seriously craving it. I contemplated eating some. 

Make sure that you are super hydrated going out for those runs in the heat, I don't run anymore but I remember that sick feeling.  Today is really hard for me today, I didn't pack enough fat/protein in my lunch.  I should know better.

Good job on not eating that ice cream!!! And pretty cool that you did the 10k :-)

I am at the end of day for and doing pretty good. My stomach FINALLY stopped hurting today. Scramle with onion, bell peppers and tomato did the job.

I also faced a BIG challenge today. 3 of my students (I am a teacher in the 7th to 9th grade) came to me with a present 'cause they wanted to show their appreciation for me as a teacher (how sweet is that?!?!). Unfortunetly they are teenagers and have not been listening to me, when I have said that I am living on a paleo diet and don't eat sweets, so they brought me 4 nice candy bars (high quality and all, but still candy). I was very tuched by their gesture and felt bad, that I didn't eat any of them for the two hours we were together in class. I gave one to a colleague and the rest are still in my book bag.

Tomorrow comes with another challenge - the end of year teachers party. Usually it has ment lots to eat and drink and this year I will be dodging the starter, dessert, snacks AND the alcohol. And I got 2 bottles of wine in my locker that I got for a job well done, that I can't drink now... Well somebody else will get drunk on them then ;-)

Hope you are alle having a great day. I am going to hit the showers - just worked out - and go to bed. Last night I didn't do to well on sleep either - 5 ½ hours. Tonight I am shooting for at least 7 :-)

Good night where ever you are and good whole30 tomorrow.

Came home today (as in, drove two hours to my parents) so I was starving. Box of mini donuts on the counter (the thing about being at home is there's lots of non-compliant food lying around that I always enjoy eating when I'm here because I never buy it for myself). Resisted the impulse and had some watermelon while my 3 egg omelet cooked. I am happy to report that I felt satisfied afterwards and not like I was missing out or starving or anything.

I think dinner is halibut, some greens and roasted mini tomatoes.

YAY!! Day 5 :) The only craving I have had is wine... I admit it, I'm a wino. 

I am feeling kind of tired today, but that could me due to my daughter waking me up at 0330 this am.  We are due to go out of town next weekend to Georgia, and I am dreading it.  I am trying to plan for the situations that I know I will be in and esp. the one where my m.i.l.  will give me crap for not drinking.   

I am excited to say I swam this morning.  I haven't worked out the past few weeks because I fractured a bone in my foot.  So that is my little toot today.  :) 

Have a good one ladies. 

Wow! Everyone seems to be doing great!

It has been a very busy week for me -- I accepted a new job on Wednesday (same company) after 3 years of trying, which led to lots of excitement. And then last night my son & I went to a premiere showing of Despicable Me 2 (my company is a sponsor). Let me tell you, that was tough, especially since I was a volunteer & spent an hour in the lobby smelling the popcorn while I directed people where to go. BUT....I didn't even have an inkling of want to try it, not even with my son chowing down next to me. I just sipped on the water I bought for us to share & watched the movie.

The worst part for me so far has been the headaches! Oh, are they AWFUL! I'm really hoping that they'll go away soon. I'm going to try going to CrossFit tonight, but I am really tired, so I'm not sure how that will go. I think I'll try to log off early and maybe catch a quick nap before heading out.

Hope you had a great CF workout and the headache goes away soon. I had them when I started living paleo and I remember how tough it was :(

Day 5 was another good day for me. I did run into an unexpected problem, when the saladbar for the teachers party had very few thing I could eat  :blink: Corn, peas, feta, croutons and raisins (I know a few dont hurt) took op a lot of it. So I had carrot, radish and lettuce with my roast. We started at 1 p.m. so I had the same for dinner as well. I sat there between drunk colleagues eating who were eating chips and candy and I had my water and a roast with salad  :lol: I had fun anyways and I got a lot of nice comments on my weightloss :D I'v lost about 27 pounds since april 2nd, when I started living paleo.

Good job everyone on overcomming the challenges - I love popcorn and would have been crazy standing in the lobby smelling them  :mellow:

Good Morning Ladies!

Day 5 brought with it a nasty attitude, a longing for cake and wine, and the want to nap all day.  I didn't cheat, I realized it all for what it was and put on my big girl pants and got over it... with a massage.  :) 

Today I have a bunch of cleaning and gardening to get done in prep of our trip.  I am so excited, but dreading the why change questions/comments. 

Day 6 came and went pretty easily. I brought my own lunch to a birthdayparty and the only small challenge was the cake, but since it was a glutenfree cake made with beans, that I have made before, I knew it wasnt all that great  ;)

I did feel like some dark chokolate 86%. I guess I have been snacking a bit too much in the evenings...  maybe that is one of the things I need to change. I am defininetly missing paleo banana bread and dark chokolate. 

I also need to ad more veggies in my diet - I am not eating enough. 

So already learned a few things.

Day 7, Everyone still good?  Hasn't been too bad.  I have been saving my fruit for when I have a sugar craving.  I have pre-cooked some ground beef, which was very helpful, and am going to spend the day today precooking for the week.  Did you guys find any good, simple recipes to try?

Archived