Day 17, feeling frustrated and rather depressed....

Muz

I'm on day 17 and I'm getting rather frustrated..(as you probably gathered from my title)  I'm not seeing any real results, I'm getting tired of what I'm eating and feeling depressed.

I know part of it is that it's summer and family is visiting and I'm missing out on all the family "food" outings so that sort of sucks. And although I hate to say it, I don't seem to be losing any weight and that's really frustrating.... does anyone have any words of advice?  I almost decided to quit on Saturday but am sticking with it more out of pride than anything else.

Help!

Sorry this has been disappointing to you thus far.

Why are you missing out on the family outings?  Can you not eat Whole30 compliant food at those outings?

Could some more variety in what you're eating help? Maybe if you post 1-3 days' worth of your sample food log, folks here can give you advice on how to shake it up a bit?

There's a reason the program lasts 30 days. Some people don't notice a lot of changes until they get closer to the end. What are your goals? How did you used to eat? Are you noticing anything at all, like better sleep, increased energy, etc? Sometimes we get hung up on weight loss, and if that doesn't happen feel like the whole thing is a failure. There are a lot of other progress markers that can be more important than weight loss. Maybe you just need a little more time. You're more than halfway there...I hope you stick with your decision to finish out the 30 days!

I'm with you, Muz. I've found it really hard on several occasions too - most recently a camping trip that I took with my boy's scout troop. But this morning, as I was prepping my lunch for the day, I took a minute to really look at what was laid out in front of me - and realized I've never eaten "prettier"! The colours were astounding to me - green, red, brown, yellow, blue. I remarked to my husband that I've never eaten so well, because of the effort I'm putting in to preparing beautiful, delicious foods. It makes missing out on the potato salad and and the hamburgers and the Friday night pizza a lot easier. Hope you can find some new way to celebrate your meals too. Hang in there. 

Archived