Any compliant bratwurst y'all know about?

AmyS

I'm enjoying bratwurst here on my non-Whole30 vacation in the upper midwest.  When I get home I'll be going back to Whole30 eating almost immediately.  I wonder if there is a compliant bratwurst anyone has found.  I'm pretty certain this one isn't, though it was prepared for me before I had a chance to take a gander at the ingredients.  Let's just say that I like it more than it likes me.  Fine for vacay, but not appropriate for Whole30, for sure! 

Our local meat shop makes a gyro brat that is W30 clean.  Lamb. beef, cucumber, onion, spices... I hear it's fantastic.  Word on the street is that they ship :)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you!  Sadly, no one ships specialty meats like that to Hawaii.  But it's good to know it's out there!

Thank you!  I'm spending some time in the Twin Cities right now (and not Whole30ing) so those would be great options!  Once I get back to Hawaii, I'll go back to Aidell's chicken apple and chicken mango sausages, I think.  I'll be Whole30ing as soon as I return, ahhhh!

Loving it up here in the upper midwest, so I'm a leeetle jealous that you get to live here!

• 2 months later...

I just bought some from Whole Foods. The Original Brat Hans, Original bratwurst, Ingredients: pork raised without antibiotics, water, white onion, containing less than 2% of the following:salt, pepper, mace, coriander, ginger, marjoram, dehydrated lemon in natural pork casing. I believe these are compliant. What's the experts call on these!

Archived