4 Days In!

Vicks

I had some funny dreams last night about cheating..I woke up and I was racking my mind for what I could have possibly eaten that was wrong but I track everything through fitday so I'm pretty sure I'm in the clear.

On the plus side, I set my computer to shut down automatically at 8 pm every day. Last night I went to bed early (9pm) and today I woke up early (6am). AND I woke up hungry, which never really used to happen cos I was on a pattern of eating late, waking up late and not being hungry until later..

I feel pretty excited.

Question- If the eggs I have are factory farmed is it better to avoid them if they are the only animal protein I have at the moment? That is what I have been eating the last few days so I wonder if I have to start over..

• Moderators

Conventional eggs are way better than no protein. You can experience great benefits doing a Whole30 even if all the meat and eggs come from factory farms and none of the veggies are organic. I did. It took me almost a year to convert from ordinary grocery store food to buying grass fed beef, pastured eggs, and organic veggies.

Also, I wasn't vegetarian but I never really ate much animal protein (MAYBE once a week, more like once every other week)..Now that I've been eating some fish/eggs/meat daily I'm having a very sharp cramp/feeling of fullness in my abdomen sometimes.. could this be related? Should I gradually add it into my diet?

breakfast was 2 eggs and a sweet potato around 830 am.. definitely not gonna be hungry for a while..

just got back from an hour on the bike trail.

drinking plenty of water.

is whole30 opposed to fasted workouts?

i usually feel better without something in my belly if i'm gonna be moving around.

Alright, day 7.

For breakfast I had Kale and salmon cooked in coconut oil with a lime squeezed over.

Yesterday I got really hungry and ate a lot towards 9 pm. But maybe that was because of the bike ride..? Sigh that was the first time I'd really been "ravenous" lately

I am getting back into a normal sleep schedule and waking up early but not actually feeling energized enough to want to get out of bed right away. I usually wake up around 630/7 am and dont "get up" until 9. My hunger also doesn't kick in until I actually get UP but when I do it's pretty immediate so that is a good sign, I'm guessing.

• 3 weeks later...

I made bad choices last night (day 23)

not even remotely worth it.

(movie theatre popcorn, chocolate/granola mix and soda)

felt like i had a hangover today

gonna keep going for at least another 30

For the stomach cramps, google super enzymes. I've read that breaky should be consumed within 30 minutes after waking... But then there is intermittent fasting. So much contradicting info! I think it really depends on your body/situation. Keep it strong for the rest of your w30! You can make it! : D

Archived