My Whole 90 (autoimmune protocol + coffee elimination)... almost...

I think you graduate to reintros.

The way I remember it, you add one food on the first day (say yogurt with M1, cheese with M2, and a little ice cream with M3).  Everything else stays the same and you watch and wait on the days in between.  Only eat it on the reintro day and then not again until reintros are over.

I think I read that the order they suggest (for non-AIP) was the order of greatest expected reaction down to least expected reaction.

I just started AIP and may remove more foods before I add them back.  I want to do all of the reintros so that I will know how amazing an offer has to be for it to be "worth it."  How soon and how badly might I react at Christmas dinner, for example.  That will add how many days to my reintros?  Oh my.

My worst day was non-gluten day when I did my original W30.  I wasn't feeling well through most of it and did reintros with my husband who was preparing for business travel.  Anyway, I was starving all day that day and had even more cravings.  Not the worst reaction, but worth knowing.

I hope yours go really well!  If you have any end-of AIP insight to share with me as a newbie, I'd love to learn from you.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm I wonder if reintro protocol is posted on the website, somewhere... Because for sure I thought you were continuing to eat each food as you passed through each phase... Otherwise, you are dumping all those foods back in at one time, at the end of your reintro. That really seems to have greater potential for trouble, to me! What I wasn't sure about, was whether you continue to eat the food in question on days 2 and 3, or only day 1. Then if no reaction, I thought you could eat it freely after day 3.

Ok, so, apparently this whole thread was supposed to be in Reintroductions... I'm getting conflicting info even from the mods, about what is to be posted, where... Too confusing!

Today is Day 90; look for me in "reintroductions"... Then I may come back here after reintroductions are over. I've decided to reintroduce eggs, first, so... Fried eggs in the a.m.!

Crap, I just found out that the venison I had last night, was marinated in beer. Which is anathema for a celiac. Stupid, stupid. I TOLD my brother I couldn't have anything but the meat, grilled with salt and pepper. I could not have been more clear. My family just doesn't get it!!

I'm very lucky in that I didn't become violently ill; I usually start vomiting in a matter of hours. It was my last meal of Whole 90, so I'm not starting over for it. I won't be reintroducing gluten, anyway, so I'm going ahead with reintros.

It happens. Life is a minefield if you have any food allergies. If you ever allow anyone else to prepare your food, you run that risk. I'm just glad I'm not anaphylactic to gluten.

So annoyed. How many times do I have to tell you, ONLY the meat, NOTHING on it! Nothing means nothing!!

First, great transformation and results overall! Second, I am Russian myself and my Dad is from southern part of it and I am so so curious what cheese are you talking about? Third, sorry you are frustrated with family being insensitive. I know what you mean. Even though I don't have same sensitivities, I've been in your shoes. I have crazy reaction to eggs. My family knows. They've seen me breaking out with rashes in a matter of couple hours. Dialog like this is not uncommon - "Mom, whats in the meatballs?" "All you can eat" "Cool (taking a bite)" "Aaand eggs" "MOM!" "JUST A LITTLE BIT, what's the drama?". Life happens, you are right, but sometimes people just don't get how painful recovery is. Hope you will feel better soon! 

Archived