Day 23 check in - Advice Needed Please

This is my third attempt at Whole 30.  This time I am on day 23.  I have not had the incredible energy that folks speak of, but I have definitely noticed a huge difference in my clothes and my body.  I am sleeping very good.  I am sleeping so well, that I have slept through my work out almost the entire month.  I have supplementing by not adding any additional stress and just do a 45 minute to 1 hour walk  two to three days a week. I tried to go to my crossfit, but I have been so tired, I just have not be able to handle that.    I told myself that I was going to stay with this until the energy kicks in then do 30 days from there, but I think I am going to make this a whole 45 instead of whole 30.   I am a diabetic so I have been very mindful about what I am putting into my body like I always am.  If anyone has any suggestions on what will make the tiger come out, I am open.  My food for today is as follows:

Meal 1

3 boiled eggs

1/2 avocado

1/2 cup strawberries

Meal 2

1-2 servings of roast beef

sweet potato with ghee

mixed green salad with cucumbers, radishes, tomatoes, avocado and onions

Meal 3 (not eaten yet)

grilled chicken with roasted asparagus, squash and zuchini

spinach salad with cucumbers, walnuts and olives with splash of vinegar

I am good about making sure I eat enough so there is no snacking between meals and that I am usually not hungry by the time it is for my next meal.  I am eating my meals roughly 5 hrs apart.    I am open to any suggestions for the energy.

Hmmm.  Meals look good.  It's a little light on the veggies in the morning.  Not too sure why this may be?

I would mix around the starchy carbs.  Try to include a starchy carb in the meal 1.  I have found this makes a pretty big difference in terms of my energy for the day.

• 2 weeks later...

The energy is inconsistent. I am still doing whole 30 I am day 37. My saving grace has been that at day 30 I had lost 7 lbs and 15 inches which is helping me play with the food a little more to try to find my combination which would work best for me. I have found having a few more vegetables and limiting my fruit to no more than twice a day has helped me more. Good luck and if I can help more let me know.

Archived