Bored with my food & resenting people eating pizza! lol!

So 4th is coming up & I'm feeling super sick of turkey, avocado,chicken, steak & eggs... I've made salads, fajita salads, burgers, zucchini pasta... Seriously feel like I've mixed it up yet still bored. I'm avoiding social situations for the most part this holiday & my birthday is coming up and I'm bumming on the rigidity of this whole diet. I'm sad that I can't eat a clean dessert for my b-day and bummed watching people eat freaking pizza at work. Feeling cranky.

Yep, the fourth is coming, and all of the good things about it-- getting together with family and friends, running around outside with kids lighting sparklers, fireworks, going to parks, all of that is still yours to enjoy. Buy yourself some ripe, glorious fruit to have with meals on your birthday. This year you can celebrate doing something really good and life-giving for yourself. This effort, and the satisfaction of having stayed the course, will last a lot longer than the momentary pleasure of a dessert. 

Yep, the fourth is coming, and all of the good things about it-- getting together with family and friends, running around outside with kids lighting sparklers, fireworks, going to parks, all of that is still yours to enjoy. Buy yourself some ripe, glorious fruit to have with meals on your birthday. This year you can celebrate doing something really good and life-giving for yourself. This effort, and the satisfaction of having stayed the course, will last a lot longer than the momentary pleasure of a dessert.

Love this!

Another way to look at it is all the wonderful things you CAN eat. Add some unique vegetables: maybe shoot for a new veg each week. Mix it up with different frittata and crustless quiche recipes. Gazpacho is yummy this time of year. Chili, meatballs, meatloaf. Use the outdoor grill to griil steaks, lamb tips, pork, chicken and fish. Check out the Recipe Sharing section of the forum for added inspiration.

Archived