Attending a funeral tomorrow-help me troubleshoot my plan

So tomorrow I have a funeral to attend around 11am. Thursdays are usually a day of rest for me and because of walking my dogs/getting ready/allowing for traffic and travel time to get to the funeral, I definitely won't be doing a morning WOD. I am possibly planning on doing an evening WOD at 6pm followed by dinner at a restaurant with gym members because it is a special farewell WOD for one of our teachers. My attendance depends on what time we get home, but I'm hoping to return by 3pm.

There will be a reception after the funeral. I think it will be ok for me to eat my lunch at the reception because it won't be deli meat sandwiches. It will be Armenian food which means grilled meat with olive oil and compliant spices (not sugars or gross BBQ marinades) and grilled vegetables and olives. Of course I will avoid the rice and cheese boreg and flat bread.

My main concern is the time between meals. I know your not supposed to snack between, but I have also found in these situations where you are not completely in control, the stretches between meals can be WAY too far in between, and hunger is a greater risk of falling off track.

I will have an egg based bfast before we leave. So my plan is to pack a cooler meal of with a chicken breast, 1/2 a sweet potatoe, hard boiled eggs, and veggies, plus an avocado, that I can have in the hot car in case I need to sneak out and eat it there instead of the reception meal (in the unlikely chance it is not compliant or enough to eat. I will also put some raw almonds in my clutch for emergency in case I can't get to the car and want to eat my foot. The meal in the car will serve as an emergency lunch if needed and an egg and some avo as a pre-WOD meal if we are cutting it close on our return time. I also need to check the menu at the restaurant to make my selection known ahead of time.

Are all my bases covered?

It sounds like you are very prepared and good to go.

If you do decide to explore the lunch at the reception, the big question will be what did they use to grill everything?  You want to ensure it's dry grilled or grilled in a compliant fat, and not coated/marinated in anything off-limits.

I wouldn't stress out over it, yet, as you seem, well thought out and prepared. Eat a nice big breakfast (compliant of course), keep hydrated and you should be able to go 4-6 hours before your next meal.

I attended a funeral on my whole 30 and stuck coconut flakes for fat and cooked chicken breast in my bag. When we were eating (after service, then the burial at graveside) I simply added those items to my salad. 

I find myself surprised that I can now go 4-6 hours before the next meal and not get cramping or noises reverberating from my stomach, and even more amazing is I am even keeled and don't get short tempered just because I have not eaten. I find myself in the unknown variables situation more often than not lately and have had minimal issues.

Coming from an Armenian family I'm pretty sure the meat is grilled with olive oil and spices such as black pepper, cilantro, dill, garlic, onion paprika, onion, parsley and tarragon. I don't know any Armenians that cook with anything but olive oil. I have never had a sweet kind of meat at any function, its pretty much always the same. The food will be made by the armenian ladies at the church and as authentic as it gets.

I decided to scratch the post WOD dinner. There is nothing on the menu that does not have to be revised and too many revisions and things you have to take away without substitutes so that its not worth paying an entree price for, as well as too risky. It will be interesting to know how other members on W30 will navigate the menu. I am limited personally that I don't eat fish except for raw sushi. It would be easier if they served bfast all day. Oh we'll.

I feel like my comment about the armenian food in response to questioning it being compliant read as rude, which was not my intention.

Despite my confidence in the meat and veggies being compliant, I still am brining the backup meal, just in case.

And thanks for everyone's input, after all that's what I started this thread for. :)

Yesterday went well. Thank goodness I planned ahead and prepped things the night before because it got hectic in the morning.

I actually did end up going to the farewell party and finding something I could eat and I'm glad I went because it was an important social event. Some of the gym members opted for sweet potato fries cooked in canola oil (I was told W30 says avoid the oil but its okay because let's face it, sometimes you have to eat out). I did not because I feel like still being in my first weak it was to risky. Any type of fries are a binge trigger food.

At the funeral reception I had, eggplant and tomato cooked in olive oil, some olives, and chicken and beef cooked with olive oil and saffron. I had some sweet potato, egg, and avocado immediately after lunch in the car on the way home because my lunch felt like tapas.

I had extreme fatigue in the afternoon so I took a nap and did not participate in the WOD.

At dinner I had a burger, the beef prepared with pesto (olive oil, garlic, basil, spinach and lemon), no questionable seasoning salt. I also had a dry salad and added olive oil to it.

When I got home I had a night time carb/sugar craving but had Yogi peppermint digestive tea ( only peppermint leaves) and went to bed because I'm strict about my stopping eating 2 hours before, I've been feeling so good doing that.

Anyways I'm starting day 7 and feeling good about my success navigating through my first social atypical day yesterday. :)

Archived