July 15th - Support Thread - Kick Off Day :)

Driver695

Hi All

Well here in NZ it is Monday 15th July and Day One for me :)

So far have been doing ok...

Breakfast - Eggs, tomato, olive oil and S n P! Also a kiwifruit after!

Lunch - Cannot wait to eat as starving at moment, is pulled chicken, with veggies etc

Dinner - Will be steak and veggies!!

So far so good, all the water and herbal tea has me seeking the loo out tho! :)

How is everyone else doing?

Sounds like a great day 1! You're off to an awesome start. I'm starting on the 15th as well, though the day has only just started here in Washington, D.C.  :)  My day is so far, so good. I don't know why but I love salads for breakfast -- I had ~7oz tuna, 4 cups broccoli slaw, juice of a whole lemon, and half an avocado. Decaf coffee coming up as soon as I can step away from my desk  :)

Thanks for sharing your day! Keep up the great work.

Today is day one for me as well.

I'm having

Breakfast: pork, sweet potato, mushroom patty with a side of sautéed yellow squash & red onion. Few pecans. Black coffee (which isn't as bas as I thought it would be...)

Lunch: paleo meatballs, homemade sauce, garlicy green beans

Snack: fresh veggies & 1/2 avocado

Dinner: probably salmon, mashed cauliflower, stir fry veggies. few pecans

Does this seem OK?

Out here in California my first day has just begun as well! :) Glad to hear that others are starting today as well! 

Went for a three mile run early this morning to beat the central California heat. My breakfast included a cup of coffee with 1/4 cup coconut cream alongside a 3 egg scramble with sauteed bell peppers, onions and spinach!

Newbie- that sounds like a great meal plan! I would try to add some protein to your snack if you are hungry enough to have one.

Congrats everyone on starting day 1 and thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful day. 

Today is my first day also and doing pretty good food-wise (I think) - really not that hungry today:

Breakfast:  2 scrambled eggs w/spinach and mushrooms (sautéed using a little clarified butter), kiwi and water

Lunch:  Spring mix with beets, almonds, black olives and tuna with balsamic/EVOO, banana, and water

Dinner:  Grilled chicken with veggies, fruit

@Mandyrabith - good idea with regard to coffee with coconut cream - I am going to have to try that!

Looking forward to being so much healthier! :)  Good luck all!

OK here is todays menu for me

Breakfast: pork potato patty w/ 1 egg

Lunch: pecans, sweet potato/cauliflower mash, salmon, veggies

Snack- Tuna (if needed)

Dinner- Probably chicken breast, green beans & sweet potato 

@FinallyFitForMe

Don't forget to add fats into your meals! I'm sure you are already doing it, just didn't add it to your post!

Hi fabfuture I'm in NZ too! I thought I was the only one. I have started Day 3 unprepared but so far not hungry, ate a few cashews and baby tomatoes as a snack. will go to the supermarket at lunchtime.

I started Whole 30 over the weekend. Then I got the book on Saturday afternoon and got to the part about ghee... So I restarted on the 15th. I started this thing because I have a chronic headache and hives. I am hoping for some relief.  So far so good. Today is the first day in a month that I have not had a headache. I stopped taking ibuprofen on Saturday.

I basically ate a  low carb, 80/20 paleo diet. I guess I can not do 80/20.  I still have issues. So here I am.

Thursday and Friday I had hives around my mouth and in my mouth. I had hives on the back of my head on Saturday. I am allergic to sulfites. (eating chicken at a funeral dinner for a close friend) For me this diet means...no eating out. It is impossible to be able to tell if seed oils or sulfites are in something you eat or not, when you eat out. You cannot read the labels at restaurants. There are things like carragean that are not on allergy food lists at restaurants. .

A strawberry smoothy at the county fair last week gave me hives all around my mouth.

Today I  had turkey for breakfast and a small avocado. For  lunch I had three range free eggs  I cooked in coconut oil. I also had greens. THen I made a burger and steamed broccoli and cauliflower for dinner.  I cut the burger up and wanted to squirt some catsup that does not have high fructose corn syrup in it...only to stop myself... Is mustard on our list?  I had  a chopped up small avocado and salt on it. that is all. I am takin no chances on stopping this train.

I paddle boarded for 1.5 hours last night on Lake Michigan after dinner. I drank loads of water.

Hi fabfuture I'm in NZ too! I thought I was the only one. I have started Day 3 unprepared but so far not hungry, ate a few cashews and baby tomatoes as a snack. will go to the supermarket at lunchtime.

Woohoo hello fellow kiwi (I am a Brit tho) :)

I'm with you! I began Whole 30 on Monday as well. 

Yesterday i was just in a slump. Energy was down and I was a grump! 

Hubby went on a walk with me and usually I have more get up and go than he does, but not yesterday. 

Today I'm feeling carb flu'ish. But had a wonderful 3 egg and spinach omelet, some blueberries. 

I guess we just gotta push through :)

Keep on knowing this is good for us!

Hope you are feeling better today  ;)

Christina, When I did this two years ago, I had the carb flu for three weeks. It was bad enough that I thought about calling my doctor. I didn't though. He would never have understood.  About a week later the changes began to happen and fat began to melt off, joint pain disapeared. It was amazing. Two years ago I did this on my own just with a strict paleo diet. I had never heard about whole thirty. It is good to have some guide lines.   Tonight I got a call from friends to meet at a local sports bar for a drink. I had ice water with lemon...( I always do, the waitress just automatically brings it to me.) But I did not dare order food. I used to. Not any more.

zinniaseeds - 

I love your signature line, it really does mean something. 

I came to the realization that i would just have to tough it out. 

I did something to this effect last year for three months, but I didn't eliminate dairy. I lost 15lbs. EFFORTLESSLY. 

My body goes haywire when I eat breads, and pastas - I swear I could be the poster child for Beano!

I can tell on just day 5 My body is no longer talking back to me, no more cramping or bloating. I feel good.

I have had a bit of trouble going/staying asleep at night, my energy level is through the roof, I exercise at 5pm don't go to bed till 10pm I do not drink caffeine after my first 2 cups of coffee, all day I drink water, no tea. 

i guess that will iron itself out as well once my body starts figuring out "this is a good thing!"

:D

Have a wonderful weekend! 

Hi!  Chiming in late here.  I started on Monday as well.  I've been doing really well, but have found that for the last 24 hours, I'm constantly STARVING.  I hate that.  

I'm struggling with snacks, as i'm already sick of munching on carrots and broccoli, and tossing back handfulls of blueberries.  Meals are easy, it's the snacks that are a challenge, as well as being hungry 24/7.  

- Barb -

Hi!  Chiming in late here.  I started on Monday as well.  I've been doing really well, but have found that for the last 24 hours, I'm constantly STARVING.  I hate that.  

I'm struggling with snacks, as i'm already sick of munching on carrots and broccoli, and tossing back handfulls of blueberries.  Meals are easy, it's the snacks that are a challenge, as well as being hungry 24/7.  

- Barb -

If you must eat between meals it should be a mini meal that includes protein, fat, and carbs. If you are hungry 24/7 than perhaps you are not eating enough at your meals, possibly not getting enough fat. Do you have a food log?

Sorry guys been so busy haven't been on here! So day 6 today nearly one week down woohoo!

So last few nights I have had very upset tum and also been a bit headachy in the last few days but otherwise all ok.

How us everyone doing? X

Bhcp, I second what physibeth has said - it'd be great to see a meal log! I make sure to eat probably the upper limit of the meal template....I've not felt like snacking once! I was amazed at this, my body has been used to 6 meals a day for absolutely ages!

Archived