Whole360 My year long journey to a healthier life!

Vanniek71

DAY 119 - Sunday November 17th

Info: Today started out with a good plan for breakfast and lunch.....I stress started out that way... I was teaching a class today, and went in early to get breakfast at the grocery store, and then was going to eat that for breakfast/lunch, when I got on site, the class wasn't set up so we kind of had to scramble to get it ready, there went the "go get breakfast time" once the day got rolling, the class didn't really allow much time (or any) for lunch, so that rolled by the wayside too. I know from now on to just make sure I pack my foods so that way I have a backup plan when something doesn't work out right. (Wait isn't that ALWAYS when something doesn't work out right?)

big+burger.JPG A bit big, but soo worth it! Food Log: 

Breakfast: none

Lunch: none

Dinner:  Ultimate burger version 2: 1lb burger patty, with black olive/kalamata olive/artichoke heart tapinade-ish relish, romaine lettuce, and mustard. It likely was a little too large.....but considering the above I made an exception!

Snack: none

Exercise log: none

DAY 119 COMPLETE

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAY 120 - Monday November 18th

Info: So I love Ranch dressing, especially when it is made right with buttermilk, you know the extra bad for you version? Well I found a recipe the other day that used cashews, herbs, and some other stuff, so I figured what the heck, I'll give it a try....DON'T DO IT! It was pretty bad. Now to be fair it could have been user error because I didn't have fresh chives, I used some dried onion, which totally could have blown it.....time will tell, but for now this one is going in the trash, and I need to make a stop at the market to get some fresh chives......the recipe says it's delicious, so to do due diligence I have to try it again as the recipe says, but I am doubtful.....I'll let you all know how it goes!

Food Log: 

Breakfast: Buffalo chicken soup, canned spinach, almonds.

Lunch: Buffalo chicken soup, canned spinach, pepitas.

Dinner:  Sausages, romaine salad with artichokes, kalamata olives, gluten free/sugar free ranch dressing.

DAY 120 COMPLETE

Remember if you're needing to snack between meals, because you're hungry, have a mini meal of protein, fat and vegies. Pork rinds aren't really a great choice of food - they're unlikely made with good quality pork fat, maybe fried in non compliant oil, and not the best fat source....

Remember if you're needing to snack between meals, because you're hungry, have a mini meal of protein, fat and vegies. Pork rinds aren't really a great choice of food - they're unlikely made with good quality pork fat, maybe fried in non compliant oil, and not the best fat source....

Yeah, I learned from a Well Fed recipe for Scotch eggs that Whole9 does not support the use of pork rinds, even as a garnish.

Kris, if you are seriously hungry when work goes over a little, I wonder if something still needs tweaking in your meals.  Maybe not enough fat overall or not enough food at the previous meal.  Maybe it was just the skipped meals the day before.  How long do you go between meals?

I've been impressed that you are doing cook-ups and including more variety.  Also interested in that video shoot.

I didn't even think about the oil! Also when i snack, I call it a snack because its not part of my planned dinner or lunch or whatever, but it is eaten with those meals...liek the pork rinds, I ate the chicken salad, was still a little hungry after waiting 15 mins or so, and then I had a few of them.

Yeah, I learned from a Well Fed recipe for Scotch eggs that Whole9 does not support the use of pork rinds, even as a garnish.

Kris, if you are seriously hungry when work goes over a little, I wonder if something still needs tweaking in your meals.  Maybe not enough fat overall or not enough food at the previous meal.  Maybe it was just the skipped meals the day before.  How long do you go between meals?

I've been impressed that you are doing cook-ups and including more variety.  Also interested in that video shoot.

My meals are usually 6am, 11-12pm or so around there, and then dinner is around 6-7pm. I may need to add in some more veggies, I eat a lot of them, but I'd rather add more of those in 1st than fat. I'm pretty sure I get enough fat, and I'm using the template religiously, but hey who knows I may need some tweaking!

DAY 121 - Tuesday November 19th

Info: My body is feeling a little different today, I thought it was maybe not enough water throughout the day so I spent the rest of the evening drinking a bunch of water to make sure I was hydrated. I checked the scale and I am the lowest I have been in years, and I think that might be what I'm feeling. I can visibly see some of my abs now (not a lot, but they are there!) and I think its just the tightness in my skin and not fat jiggling all around now. Definitely not something I am used to in the recent past. t for sure has motivated me even more. Oh and I am going on 3 days of my back not constantly aching......its awesome to be able to stand up, sit down ect without wincing...that may be helping my new found "great" feeling as well!

Food Log: 

Breakfast: Sausage, romaine lettuce, artichokes and kalamata olives with a little olive oil and hot sauce

Lunch: Steak lettuce "street tacos" with onion and cilantro covered in fresh salsa. 14 almonds for fat

Dinner:  Sausages, green beans, 2 TBS of almond butter for fat

DAY 121 COMPLETE

DAY 122 - Wednesay November 20th

Info: Did some more bulk cooking and got a list ready to hit the store tonight after work. That is one thing that amazes me is the amount of veggies you go through. We will spend $250 at the grocery store to stock up on proteins and veggies and a few days later the pickings are getting slim on the veggie side. I have figured out it really takes 2-3 trips to stock up on enough veggies to keep a Whole360 meal plan going. I can buy more, but a lot of it starts to rot towards the end of the week or so....maybe I'm just not storing the veggies optimally?  Anyone have any hints on that?

That brings me to my next point, I want to start taking pictures of all of my meals so you guys can see the amount of food I am eating to get a better idea. This style of eating definitely will not starve you that's for sure!

photo.JPG Big 'ol salad!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Buffalo Chicken soup, spinach, almonds for fat

Lunch: Buffalo Chicken soup, spinach, pepitas for fat

Dinner: Seasoned ground beef salad with romaine, black olives, and salsa

Exercise log:  none

DAY 122 COMPLETE 

you seem to eat a lot of meals with lettuce - lettuce is ok, but it's kind of "empty". more substantial vegies would be more beneficial, especially in regards to nutrient density. Your "big" salad to me is tiny! I don't eat salad out of anything less than salad bowls - my current lunch consists of about 4- 6 cups of mixed leaves, big open handfuls of cucumber, celery, grated carrot, beetroot, capsicum, alfalfa plus my protein and dressing.

I also buy vegies a couple of times a week - our fridge doesn't fit a weeks worth! most stuff lasts a week or longer, but we can't fit enough spinach/mixed leaves or things like zucchini/broccoli that we eat a lot of every day. the shops are close for us to it's not a hassle.

I recently saved this list.  Maybe it will help.  

I too make extra trips for produce.  In fact, we have gotten most of our proteins at farms.  I have to cook most of my veggies, so frozen helps.  We bought an extra freezer soon after our Whole30!  If I want to do a "recipe" instead of just any old protein-fat-veg combo, I generally have to shop.  Cooking my food also helps because I can make even bigger batches and freeze a few servings.  You can't really do that with fresh veggies.  Plus, that stuff isn't in season right now.

post-15660-0-93061100-1385045897_thumb.j

I recently saved this list.  Maybe it will help.  

I too make extra trips for produce.  In fact, we have gotten most of our proteins at farms.  I have to cook most of my veggies, so frozen helps.  We bought an extra freezer soon after our Whole30!  If I want to do a "recipe" instead of just any old protein-fat-veg combo, I generally have to shop.  Cooking my food also helps because I can make even bigger batches and freeze a few servings.  You can't really do that with fresh veggies.  Plus, that stuff isn't in season right now.

Nico,

Thanks thats awesome! I also got a deep freezer (best $75 off Craigslist ever!) so I could store proteins and some veggies/fruit. I prefer fresh veggies even though they are expensive right now. It justified though, as I used to spend at LEAST the extra those veggies cost right now on junk food....so it's win win! Thanks for the list, big help!

DAY 123 - Thursday November 21st

Info: I was at Costco today and they have jeans on sale, since I only have a few pair that are worth much, I grabbed some. Got a size 36 which is smaller than the 38 I used to wear....and they are still big! I should have gone with the 34. That makes me happy!

After work I came home and mixed up some bulk Paleo slaw...found a stainless pot that I used to make wort for beer in, it is huge and making the 5lb's of slaw was way easier in there than the Tupperware it calls for in my recipe (Paleo Slaw Recipe). So use a huge pot/bowl and this already easy recipe becomes a lot easier!

photo+1%282%29.JPG Giant pot...makes life easier!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Buffalo Chicken soup, spinach, almonds for fat

photo+2%25281%2529.JPG Dinner mix

Lunch: Chicken salad, with iceberg/carrot/cabbage mix, balsamic and olive oil dressing, almonds for fat

Dinner: Paleo slaw with seasoned ground beef, hot sauce, and kalamata olives

DAY 123 COMPLETE 

DAY 124- Friday November 22nd

Info: No work today, my little one was diagnosed with pneumonia, which isn't cool. but shes on the path to recovery which is a good thing. Nothing special today, good food, sore back, you know the drill

photo+4%25283%2529.JPG

Food Log:

Breakfast: Paleo slaw with seasoned ground beef, hot sauce, and kalamata olives. 14 Almonds for fat

Lunch: Seasoned ground beef, Paleo slaw, artichokes, kalamata olives, and some pineapple

Dinner: Paleo slaw with seasoned ground beef, hot sauce, and black olives. Mix of almond butter, pecans, and cashews for fat

DAY 124 COMPLETE 

DAY 125- Saturday November 23rd

Info: Did as little as possible today, literally. It was awesome. I watched some TV, played some video games, and ate my meals. That was about it. The biggest adventure I had was going out to get some dinner. I was trying to rest my back up since last week it had felt great for most of the week, heading in to the weekend it's got me right back (pun intended) where I was. I will definitely be checking out a chiro here soon, this is going on too long and it's no fun. Sorry no pics of food or anything today, I was too lazy.

Actually to tide you over, here is a pic of me wearing an Allosaurus skull....Whaaat?

photo.JPG I "might" be taking this Paleo thing a tad too serious......KCCO!!!

Food Log: 

Breakfast: Baked cod with dill and salt, Paleo slaw, artichokes, and 14 pecans for fat

Lunch: Seasoned ground beef, Paleo Slaw, Almond butter, pineapple

Dinner: Guacamole salad (Avocado, lime juice, salt, lettuce), and a burger patty with lettuce, onion, mustard, and green chile.

Exercise log: none

DAY 125 COMPLETE

DAY 126 - Sunday November 24th

Info: Today is an exciting day, because the home cured bacon is done!!! Waiting a week was like torture but I made it! I had cured 2 flavors: the 1st was a dry cure that was onion and cracked pepper. This was the one I tore in to today, and man what a good combo. Good amount of saltiness and a great subtle onion and pepper flavor. The second was a wet cure of habanero juice and habanero peppers. I am waiting 10 days for this one, because I want it to be as spicy as possible. Can't wait to give that one a try!

bacon.JPG It's homemade, bacony, and sugar free!

food.JPG Thats a cave- MAN sized omelet!

Food Log: 

Breakfast: Seasoned ground beef, Paleo Slaw, Almond butter, pecan, almond mix for fat

Lunch: Seasoned ground beef, Paleo Slaw, kalamata olives for fat

Dinner: 5 egg omelet with broccoli, kalamata olives, and ground beef. 3 slices of home made bacon

DAY 126 COMPLETE

DAY 127- Monday November 25th

Info: So I am starting Crossfit workouts tomorrow. I have been teetering around 200lbs now for a few weeks and I can't handle this beard anymore (which I may add is pretty Paul Bunyan-ey, which also has never happened before...usually I can't grow a beard) If I had to put money on it, I would bet it's because I eat quality foods now.... Anyways I need to break the 200 plateau before I will allow myself to shave....so the workouts are beginning. Back being sore or not it has to happen.

photo.JPG The beard needs to go!

Food Log: 

Breakfast: Baked Cod, broccoli, green beans, pecans for fat

Lunch: Steak and broccoli, pepitas for fat

Dinner: Home Cured Bacon, ground beef, Paleo Slaw, carrots and almond butter

DAY 127 COMPLETE

DAY 128- Tuesday November 26th

Info: Well I jumped. CrossFit workout #1 was a success tonight, AND, AND I have video to prove it! The most important thing is, I made it through, and am pumped to keep going! Please be gentle, I know the video isn't the greatest, but I'm balling on a budget here, and I wanted to capture all this stuff and share it with the people that are on the edge of starting or who are just starting out. I will make adjustments and keep getting better.....that's my mantra now, keep getting better! And on the theme of that, not only do you guys get pictures of my dinner tonight, you get video too... let's call it "Dinner and a Movie"

photo.JPG Well isn't this a treat? Dinner and a Movie!!

Food Log: 

Breakfast: Ground beef, bacon pieces, canned spinach, 14 pecans for fat

Lunch: Gound beef with some bacon pieces, broccoli, and pepitas for fat.

Dinner: Iceberg salad (1/2 head of lettuce) carrots, boiled egg, ground beef, Onion and chive OOM/ hotsauce dressing

Exercise log: 21-15-9  Push press with 65 lbs, pushups, and situps (I call it the Turpen, because whats who introduced me to it, but I'm sure it has another name since he got it off the CrossFit website)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSnaiFQARe8

Again it's my 1st video, quality will get better, and I maaay even get the whole workout visible next time LOL (Sorry about that)

DAY 128 COMPLETE

DAY 129- Wednesday November 27th

Info: Today was my last day of work for the week, s crazy busy trying to get everything finished. Food was boring today, but I didn't have time to go all out chef, so I made sure I got by. That workout last night was a little over 9 minutes long....I've been sore since a few hours after it, and I can feel it getting worse! Its a good sore though right? That's what I'm telling myself at least!

Food Log: 

Breakfast: Iceberg salad (1/2 head of lettuce) carrots, boiled egg, ground beef, Onion and chive OOM/ hotsauce dressing.

Lunch: Iceberg salad (1/2 head of lettuce) carrots, ground beef, Onion and chive OOM/ hotsauce dressing

photo%281%29.JPG Lettuce burritos!

Dinner: Lettuce wrapped burritos (Ground beef, black olives, hot sauce) and a side salad topped with carrots, bacon, and OOM/hot sauce dressing.

Exercise log: Light stretching and trying not to cry every time I move. I am a SORE puppy today lol.

DAY 129 COMPLETE

DAY 130- Thurssday November 28th

Info: First things first Happy Thanksgiving to all of you that celebrate it.

Now on to the good stuff. This year was the 1st where I didn't make myself sick by over eating or eating gluten laden, sugar infested garbage. I found a non hormone injected turkey, made green bean casserole that is Whole30 and Paleo compliant, and followed that up with a casserole of asparagus that followed the same guidelines. The rest of the family had some gluten bomb croissants and stuffing, but I stuck to the meat and veggies! I will be posting quite a few recipes in the next few days so keep an eye out for those if you are interested. The line up so far is:

• Buffalo Chicken soup
  • Paleo Green Bean Casserole
  • Paleo Cream of Mushroom soup
  • Paleo Cream of Celery soup
  • Paleo Spiced nuts

Food Log: 

Breakfast: Seasoned ground beef, olives, carrots, celery and some iceberg lettuce. Kind of a piece it together meal.

photo%282%29.JPG I'm thankful for finding Paleo eating!

Lunch: Various veggies on a veggie tray (carrots, celery, olives, cucumber) dipped in guacamole. Seasoned ground beef for protein. Apple Pie Lara bar.

Dinner: Roasted turkey, Paleo green bean casserole, Paleo asparagus casserole, olives, and a cherry pie Lara bar

Exercise log: More stretching, I am even more sore today than yesterday....that's what I like to call OUTTA SHAPE BIG TIME!

DAY 130 COMPLETE

I'm not technically on a Whole30 right now, but I do have to eat this way almost all of the time in order to feel good and stay healthy (allergies, blood pressure, autoimmune issues).  I do wish I had followed your example yesterday at Thanksgiving, because I am all bloaty and stuff today.  It'll, err, pass...  :lol:

Hope your little one is better soon.  Congrats on keeping on regardless of health, traveling, family, or food sourcing issues.  Major props to ya!

DAY 132- Saturday November 30th

Info: Like last night, no meals planned, but I had leftover green bean casserole, so I did what anyone would do, I stuffed an omelet with it.....All I can say is this just cracked my regular lineup, it was delicious! Head out to MI tonight to brave the cold!

Food Log: 

Breakfast: 4 Egg omelet stuffed with Paleo green bean casserole

Lunch: Leftover turkey breast, asparagus casserole, 2 tbs of melted ghee mixed in for fat

Dinner: SF beef jerky, Larabar, plantains. Got in to Troy MI at 2am, so finished up what little snacks I had room to take with me. Not the best meal, but not against the Whole30!

Exercise log: Light stretching, still really sore

DAY 132 COMPLETE

DAY 133- Sunday December 1st

Info: Ahh the lovely cold and gray Michigan weather......nice and humid which makes the cold worse! Drove all over creation today checking things out (I grew up about 70 miles South of Troy so a new area for me) Nothing too crazy.

Food Log: 

Breakfast: Larabar, apple, carrot and celery sticks. Severly lacked fat and much protein for this meal.

Lunch: Mediterranean salad - Chicken breast, mixed greens, kalamata olives, cucumber, red pepper, onion. Missed that it had Feta cheese on it on the menu at the restaurant so spend a good amount of time picking that all off the salad. Olive oil dressing.

Dinner: Chicken breast with broccoli, drizzled with some olive oil and garlic.

Exercise log: None

DAY 133 COMPLETE

Noticing Lara Bars showing up as part of your meals lately.  A gentle reminder that they are only emergency food on a Whole30.  Have whole fruit or nuts as part of your meal instead, once you've met the meal template.

I generally only use them when I am stuck without food. They showed up on my roadtrip for sure, but I didn't have many options. Plus I was thinking they gotta be considered SWYPO or really close to it!

Archived