Whole360 My year long journey to a healthier life!

Vanniek71

DAY 94 - Wednesday October 24th

Info: Today was a good day, I was a little low on energy because I ran out of veggies at work, and didn't have time to go get more until lunch. I could definitely feel an energy difference throughout the day because I missed them for breakfast. It may sound silly to some who are not on a Paleo or Whole30 type diet, but what you eat REALLY matters. Skip a meal and my energy goes in the toilet, and we all know toilets are NOT fun to be in LOL. Also got a bunch more bulk cooking done for the trip this weekend, can you say more Saw-sages????

sausages.JPG Sawsages, and Sawsages - All sugar, gluten, added crap free!!

Enter for your chance to win a free copy of the Well Fed Paleo cookbook by Melissa Joulwan here! There are less than 600 page views left until the giveaway, so if you want to check out this book....for FREE get registered for the giveaway!

Food Log: 

Breakfast: SF sausages, pears, 14 almonds (no veggie, ran out)

Lunch: SF sausages, asparagus, 14 almonds

Dinner: SF sausages patties (canino's sausage is awesome if you live in CO), Paleo slaw (made with OOM)

Snack: none

Exercise log: None

DAY 94 COMPLETE

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAY 100 - Tuesday October 29th

Info: Sorry I got behind again, been super busy since I got back from New Mexico. I DID get pictures and weights so I can post the update post here shortly! Working on putting the before and after pictures side by side for a comparison for you all, so you can see what they look like. I'll be honest I am not all that happy with my progress, but with that being said I have my eating down pat now, and I just need to implement exercise to really jump start my fat loss. I am not disappointed either, as the food portion of getting healthy has always been my main challenge, and I am winning that battle right now! Anyways I am going to do a separate update post as soon as I get the pics side by side, so keep an eye out for that, and also the Paleo Slaw post will be up later this afternoon as well!

Enter for your chance to win a free copy of the Well Fed Paleo cookbook by Melissa Joulwan here! The giveaway is getting close! Register to win now if you want a chance before it's too late, less than 500 page views before the giveaway!

Food Log: 

Breakfast: SF Sausages and green beans, black olives for fat.

Lunch: SF sausages, green beans, 14 almonds for fat.

Dinner: Romaine salad with smoked oysters (in olive oil), black olives, and a mixture of Franks Red hot, and Onion and Dill OOM for the dressing.

DAY 100 COMPLETE

The post you 've all been asking for!

Sorry to keep you all waiting so long for this, I had a few issues with posting pics on the site, as well as the batteries dying in my scale, to just flat out not having the time to get this done, BUT alas I finally have it!

Here are the pics side by side of when I started, and the pictures that I took last night. As I posted, I am not completely happy with where I am at, but at least its all been in a positive direction. My biggest issue always has been eating right for extended periods of time, and I feel I have that under control now, which of course is a win!

Anyways on to the pictures and stats!

Weight: 205.8 lbs, Waist Circumference: 42" at the belly button Pounds lost:19.2 lbs Inches lost: 5"

photo+2%284%29.JPG Day 100 on left, Day 1 on right

photo+4.JPGphoto+3.JPG

And I took 1 extra photo, a bonus if you will for making you all wait this damned long! This one really puts it in to comparison for me, these shorts used to be "suck in my gut so I can button them tight" And as you can see I have plenty of wiggle room now!

photo+5.JPG

( Oh yeah, I almost forgot, a few have asked "What's with the beard?" Well i don't like beards so as a motivator, I am not shaving it until I am below 200lbs! Once I am beardless I will have hit the 25 lbs lost since I have started this Whole360 project, and 33lbs lost since I started Whole30's!)

DAY 101 - Wednesday October 30th

Info: Well passed the 100 day mark, I feel I have a very good grasp on what it takes to eat right, I have formed the good habit finally so to say. My mind sometimes is just like "Oh just eat this it's easy" and I know enough to not listen and do the right thing. That's the biggest difference I am noticing now. May sound like I'm crazy (maybe I am??) but I'm not listening to the food demons so to speak anymore!

Enter for your chance to win a free copy of the Well Fed Paleo cookbook by Melissa Joulwan here! The giveaway is getting close! Register to win now if you want a chance before it's too late, less than 400 page views before the giveaway!

Food Log: 

Breakfast: SF Sausages and green beans, 14 almonds for fat

Lunch: Ground beef taco salad with fresh salsa, guacamole and green chili's (fresh chili's)

Dinner:  Romaine salad with smoked oysters (in Onion/dill OOM) hot sauce, and black olives

Snack: Cherry pie Larabar

DAY 101 COMPLETE

Wow, congratulations! There is a HUGE difference between the two pictures. Why are you not entirely happy? You lost just over a pound a week, which is a very sustainable weight loss. It would be interesting to see your before and after bf % , that would have probably been more telling. You look like you have lost ALOT more bodyfat that those stats tell! And since you were eating well you probably didn't lose muscle, maybe even gained some, hence the reason for a smallish scale # change.

Wow, congratulations! There is a HUGE difference between the two pictures. Why are you not entirely happy? You lost just over a pound a week, which is a very sustainable weight loss. It would be interesting to see your before and after bf % , that would have probably been more telling. You look like you have lost ALOT more bodyfat that those stats tell! And since you were eating well you probably didn't lose muscle, maybe even gained some, hence the reason for a smallish scale # change.

Im an impatient person is why I'm not satisfied LOL there is no other explaination than just that. If I would have lost 40lbs instead of what i lost I still would have not liked it.....the treats of being me LOL,. Honestly I am more impressed with my will to remain eating well and stickign to that, which was my main concern coming in to this.....now I can focus on the workouts and other things.

My before BF was 31-32% using a home style BF tester. On day 200 I plan on getting a BF test done for comparison.

DAY 102 - Thursday October 31st

Info: Back to it, and less than 5lbs to go to reach my short term goal of 200lbs or below. Feel motivated for sure!

Enter for your chance to win a free copy of the Well Fed Paleo cookbook by Melissa Joulwan here! The giveaway is getting close! Register to win now if you want a chance before it's too late, less than 400 page views before the giveaway!

Food Log: 

Breakfast: Smoked oysters in olive oil, spinach, 14 pecans

Lunch: Romaine/mixed greens salad with olive oil Italian style dressing, and Paleo chicken wings

Dinner:  Steak with Romaine salad and OOM/hotsauce dressing

Snack: Cocount cream Larabar

DAY 102 COMPLETE

DAY 103 - Friday November 1st

Info: Oh Friday how I love thee, i like my job, but a break is always well needed by the end of the week. Shooting season is over pretty much except local matches, so weekends are puttering around the house and maybe even relaxing! And more time to plan out some meals ( I am wanting a little more variety, if you look my food for the day is almost carbon copy of yesterday. While it gets the job done, its a bit boooooring!) and do some bulk cooking!

Enter for your chance to win a free copy of the Well Fed Paleo cookbook by Melissa Joulwan here! The giveaway is getting close! Register to win now if you want a chance before it's too late, less than 300 page views before the giveaway!

Food Log: 

Breakfast: Smoked Oysters, canned spinach, and 14 almonds

Lunch: Romaine/mixed greens salad with olive oil Italian style dressing, and Paleo chicken wings

Dinner:  Steak with Romaine salad and OOM/hotsauce dressing

DAY 103 COMPLETE

DAY 104 - Saturday November 2nd

Info: Got to go to one of my favorite stores today.....Restaurant Depot!!! They sell in bulk to restaurants, businesses, etc, and where I work has a membership so I use it to stock up whenever I can. And since I love to cook, it is like a toy house for me in there. It took all my will not to buy the olive green chefs coat that was near the exit...LOL. Best part is that I probably save close to 30-40% off retail when I can buy meats and veggies in bulk there!

photo+1%284%29.JPG

All of this was only $230!!! That includes 40 lbs of chicken breast, 10 lbs of pork belly (make my own bacon, that way I know it's sugar free!) , 10 lbs of ground Angus, 6 lbs of diced steak, 8 lbs of roasted turkey breast, 5 lbs of Turkey bacon (for my kids) 6 giant cans of Artichoke hearts, 6 heads of romaine, 5 lbs of coleslaw mix, 5 lbs of shredded lettuce, as well as a bulk jar of olives!

photo+3%25281%2529.JPG That's a LOT of olives!

photo+2%25285%2529.JPG Bulk artichoke hearts, yes please!

Food Log: 

Breakfast: Homemade LaraBars (1 coconut cream, 1 Apple pie), black olives, green beans, 1 can of smoked oysters.

Lunch: Baked Whitefish, broccoli, grilled zucchini and yellow squash, and a salad with mixed greens, onions, black olives, cilantro, ground beef, and fresh salsa

Dinner: Smoked oysters in a salad with Kalamata olives, and OOM/hot sauce dressing

Snack: 14 pecans

DAY 104 COMPLETE

DAY 105 -Sunday November 3rd

Info: Did lots and lots of bulk cooking today, and I mean a LOT! I've included some pictures, it took a while, but it was all worth it! I made 5lbs of seasoned beef, 4lbs of chicken, 5lbs of carne asada (marinated myself) and 5lbs of Paleo slaw!!!

photo+4%281%29.JPG

Food Log: 

Breakfast: Steak, romaine salad with OOM and hot sauce

Lunch: Ground beef/Steak, Paleo Slaw, kalamata olives

Dinner:  The best chicken you will ever eat (Recipe from Well Fed), kalamata olives, Paleo slaw

DAY 105 COMPLETE

DAY 106 - Monday November 4th

Info: Well all, I want to say a big thank you, we have reached 5,000 views!!! The contest is closed for Well Fed, but I hear there is a Well Fed 2 out, and that might possibly be given away right here on the Whole360 blog as well....hmmmm. Anyway I will randomly pick one of the entrants and announce it tomorrow morning, keep an eye on your mail box, you may have won one KICK BUTT cookbook!!! Oh yeah almost forgot, tomorrow someone wins Well Fed, and tomorrow COD: Ghosts drops...yep I'm a nerd, but hey that game looks awesome! Who else is going to be useless at work on Wed??? I know I will be! LOL

winner.jpg Find out who the winner is tomorrow (11/5/13) morning!

Food Log: 

Breakfast: Carne asada (marinated with lime, Olive oil, chili powder, salt, and garlic) iceberg salad with kalamata olives, OOM dressing and hot sauce

Lunch: Carne asada, romaine salad with kalamata olives, OOM dressing and hot sauce

Dinner:  The best chicken you will ever eat (See Well Fed for recipe), paleo slaw

DAY 106 COMPLETE

DAY 107 - Tuesday November 5th

Info: Food was good today, everything running along smoothly! Call of Duty Ghosts dropped today, so of course I had to partake in a few....um hours of play time (7 hours actually) so that being said, tomorrow I am going to be tiiiiiired! Ahh well gotta play to pay haha.

Also a big congrats to Melissa again for winning the 1st giveaway here at Whole360. Keep an eye out for the Well Fed 2 giveaway, it will be coming soon!

Food Log: 

Breakfast: Carne asada salad with romaine, kalamata olives, OOM and hot sauce dressing

Lunch: Taco salad with onions, ground beef, fresh salsa, romaine, and black olives

Dinner:  Seasoned ground beef mixed in with Paleo slaw, and hot sauce

Exercise log: Hours and hours of Call of Duty Ghosts....LOL

DAY 107 COMPLETE

DAY 108 - Wednesday November 6th

Info: So after what we will call the "Ghosts Incident" (aka staying up way too late playing Call of Duty Ghosts) last night I was dog tired all day. Food went well of course, but any ideas I had of exercise were tossed out the window. After getting through work, and somehow miraculously staying awake on the drive home, I ate dinner, and don't remember much after that. I do know I got 10 hours of much needed sleep though, so that's a plus!! I also got a groupon type deal yesterday forwarded to me by a friend, a local Crossfit/Athlete training center had a deal going on for 2 BOD pod tests, and a month of unlimited Crossfit so I jumped on that. Have been wanting to go to an actual Crossfit gym for a while now, and the BOD pod tests will be perfect for what I'm doing. Pretty stoked bout that!

Food Log: 
Food.JPG Dinner...lots o veggies!  

Breakfast: Carne asada salad with romaine, kalamata olives, OOM and hot sauce dressing

Lunch: Carne asada salad with romaine, kalamata olives, OOM and hot sauce dressing. Ran low on Carne asada so had a tin of Smoked Oysters as well.

Dinner:  Steak salad with fresh salsa, Paleo slaw and kalamata olives.

DAY 108 COMPLETE

DAY 109 - Thursday November 7th

Info: The food was easy today, since it was pretty much exactly the same for all three meals. I tried a concoction for breakfast, found out I really liked it....A LOT and figured why change if you like it? Plus it was easy to throw together, and took zero brain power! I was all about conserving brain power today....So the meals below are not a typo, I ate the same thing for all three meals, and will likely have it for breakfast and lunch tomorrow too LOL

Food Log: 

Breakfast: Paleo slaw mixed with a large handful of shredded iceberg lettuce, topped with ground beef and hot sauce. Kalamata olives on the side.

Lunch: Paleo slaw mixed with a large handful of shredded iceberg lettuce, topped with ground beef and hot sauce. Kalamata olives on the side.

Dinner:  Paleo slaw mixed with a large handful of shredded iceberg lettuce, topped with ground beef and hot sauce. Kalamata olives on the side.

DAY 109 COMPLETE

DAY 110 - Friday November 8th

Info: Sorry for the delay in updates, been busy running around like crazy and fell behind! That's a new goal of mine going forward, especially in the weekends, is to post updates nightly. I need to make sure I am making time for this since it is helping contribute to what I'm trying to do! Also I finally ate my way through the last batch of Paleo slaw, so some new foods will be coming! Anyways on with the food!

Food Log: 

Breakfast: Paleo slaw mixed with a large handful of shredded iceberg lettuce, topped with ground beef and hot sauce. Kalamata olives on the side.

Lunch: Steak street tacos with romaine lettuce shells. Cilantro and onions with fresh salsa and lime.

Dinner:  Ground beef taco salad, with a giant bed of shredded iceberg, fresh salsa and black olives. Dressing was a mix of OOM and hot sauce.

Snack: none

DAY 110 COMPLETE

DAY 111 - Saturday November 9th

Info: Did some instruction today for a nice group of ladies so they could get their concealed weapons permits, didn't really plan food around it, but it took a little longer than I expected, not a big deal but boy was I hungry when the class was over! I had eggs for breakfast for the first time in a long time, think I may do that again a time or two LOL. I'm not known to like breakfast foods all that much, but they were delicious!

salad.JPG Lunch!!!

Food Log: 

Breakfast: 3 "dippy" eggs, green beans, almond butter for fat

Lunch:  Ground beef salad with salsa, OOM, and kalamata olives  

Dinner:  Steak salad with salsa, OOM, and kalamata olives

DAY 111 COMPLETE

DAY 112 - Sunday November 10th

Info: Today I got to help a training/security company shoot their promotional video, and it was a HELL of a lot of fun! Not only did I get to run my Ak-47 (1st time in years) as well as my pistol, I also got to shoot with a good group of guys and gals. Oddly enough I also was introduced to a great recipe which of course I will be sharing with you all here in the next day or so. A big Thanks to Laura S. for thinking of me (she follows the Whole360) and making a snack I could eat too!

dinner.JPG The picture doesn't do this salad justice, there is at least 6 cups of lettuce in there!
Food Log: 

Breakfast: SF Sausages, spinach, almond butter for fat

Lunch: Sausages, spicy Paleo nut mix (recipe to come soon, but these are AWESOME!)

Dinner:  Giant steak salad with salsa, OOM, and kalamata olives.

Exercise log: 4 hours of periodic sprinting, squatting, rolling around in the dirt, and running some fun firearms!

DAY 112 COMPLETE

DAY 113 - Monday November 11th

Info: Friend sent me a pretty tasty looking recipe for Buffalo Chicken Soup, so I decided I was going to make it tonight. Turned out really well, its really tasty has a TON of veggies in it, and of course is easily made in to bulk so I can freeze it and use as needed. Recipe was a little non Whole360 friendly so I had to modify it a bit, but it came out great, so no worries there. Will be up in the recipe section soon!

Big+Buff.JPG Buffalo Chicken deliciousness!

Food Log: 

Breakfast: Chicken Salad, with hot sauce, dried fruit leather (dried fruit puree), olives

Lunch: Steak taco wraps with romaine lettuce, and hot sauce. Almond butter for fat

Dinner:  Buffalo Chicken Soup, roasted pepitas for fat.

Exercise log: none

DAY 113 COMPLETE

DAY 114 - Tuesday November 12th

Info: Pretty ho hum day today, the Buffalo chicken soup is great, I froze 2 large containers of it, and already had to get one back out because I ate all the stuff I didn't freeze! I can see myself eating this a lot, as its easy and once its made its even easier to reheat. Other than that a run of the mill day. I've vowed to make tomorrow more exciting!

Food Log: 

Breakfast: Buffalo chicken soup, spinach, almonds

Lunch: Buffalo chicken soup, with habanero salsa, and guacamole

Dinner:  Ground Angus patty with OOM and mustard, kalamata olives and green beans

DAY 114 COMPLETE

DAY 115 - Wednesday November 14th

Info: Today I found a local restaurant that has baked chicken wings...pretty excited about that, I checked the recipe, and they are Whole360 compliant too! WIN WIN WIN!!! LOL still will only eat them occasionally, but it's nice to know. Gotta hop back to my back issues, I am going to have to go see a doctor or Chiro here shortly, it doesn't seem to be getting much better (occasionally it feels ok) but it does seem to be more sore. Lately when I stand up after sitting down I get like a sharp stabbing pain and can't put my leg all the way straight or put my foot down. The joys of getting old I guess, but this is getting old for sure.

Food Log: 

photo.JPG I made dinner all pretty....before I inhaled it......

Breakfast: Buffalo chicken soup, green beans, pepitas

Lunch: Buffalo wings (found local restaurant that has baked chicken wings!), Greek salad with olive oil/herb dressing

Dinner:  Ground Angus patty with onion, guacamole, and mustard, green beans

Snack: Frozen fruit (pineapple, peaches, blueberries)

DAY 115 COMPLETE

DAY 116 - Thursday November 15th

Info: Dinner was pretty awesome, went to the newly revamped buffet because we didn't feel like cooking last night, had a bunch of variety of meats, and veggies. kept it under control and didn't over eat like crazy like I did last time, may have had a little extra steak, but was really good, and that was my "cheat" an extra 2 or so oz of steak......Bad, bad Kris. I'm fired.

dinner.JPG Respect my varietah!!!! (Say it in a Cartman voice)

Food Log: 

Breakfast: Buffalo chicken soup, green beans, almonds

Lunch: Shrimp salad with avocado slices, romaine lettuce and fresh salsa

Dinner:  Roast beef, steak, baked fish, broccoli, cabbage, and grilled zucchini.

DAY 116 COMPLETE

DAY 117 - Friday November 15th

Info:  I had planned for dinner to be purchased and brought to me, I did not want to cook tonight. Found a local place that does baked chicken wings....win right? Well I later found out the extra crispy version of their  wings are not baked longer to make them more crispy.....they are breaded.....not a win, not a win at all. So I hopped in the kitchen and made myself an epic, no not epic, an ULTIMATE burger!

blogger-image--212459663.jpg Ultimate Burger...art with leftovers!

Food Log: 

Breakfast: Buffalo chicken soup, green beans, almonds

Lunch: Buffalo chicken soup, spinach, pepitas

Dinner:  Ultimate burger- 1/2lb angus patty topped with carne asada, 2 eggs over easy, kalamata olives, avocado slices, and tomatillo salsa. Yeah it was epic! 

Exercise log: none

DAY 117 COMPLETE

DAY 118 - Saturday November 16th

Info:  Watched the UFC fights at a friends house tonight, great card, great fights, and then the worst decision ever....sorry GSP fans but he lost that fight, Hendricks should by all accounts be the new champ....not sure what those judges were watching, but they obviously didn't see the same fight the rest if the world was watching. Sorry not really related to my transformation, but it's frustrating to see stuff like that happen!

blogger-image-1007787596.jpg Worst decision ever......

Food Log: 

Breakfast: I called breakfast a mosh pit today... Boiled eggs, almond butter, pineapple, carrots. Not mixed together, just went through the fridge and made a meal piece by piece 

Lunch: angus patty, onion, carrots, mustard, and 14 pecans

Dinner:  taco salad, with romaine, grilled chicken breast, guacamole, green tomatillo salsa, and regular tomato based salsa

Snack: pork rinds! Gluten free, I was excited to find these!

Exercise log: none

DAY 118 COMPLETE

Archived