Eczema fading

Hi All forum friends-

The eczema that I have had for the past 20+ years has begun to fade. It has never done that before.

This is day 5 of my whole30. I still experience some itching, and my skin is still dry, but the dark patches on my legs and trunk are turning a light pink to translucent hue. The inflammation is definitely waning. I still feel tired, but not as much anymore. I wanted to share the good news with you.

I was looking to see if anyone had any improvements in Eczema and found your post . I get one small patch that is hormone related, it worsens every month towards the end of my cycle, but on day 17 now and no improvement. I have a notion I should try omitting eggs but I love them and it would really limit my breakfast options. So pleased for you, it's one of those skin conditions that is incredibly difficult to treat.

I also have eczema, and have had it to varying degrees for over thirty years. Yesterday, day ten of my Whole30, it was gone. Tonight it is back, so I'll be trying to figure out what I've eaten in the last 24 hours that's different from the previous few days!

I'm so glad yours is waning! Yay!

I was born with eczema. I looked yellow my first three years because my mom used to bath me in some sort of solutions... However, my first days of Whole30 has given a slight rise of my eczema; the inside of my hands are 'leaking' yellow, my neck is red and itchy, my ears itch etc. I'm hoping that by day 10 it will be gone like it does when I'm in the sun and sea 100% for 10 days! But it is a reaction to the detox clean food has :)

The worst right now is sleeping as I scratch my self bloody at night. Again, looking forward to day 10.

(doing the 'normal' not autoimmune one of the whole30, that is planned for December 2013)

Trina

I am coming to the end of my whole 30 and had no improvement in my excema but I have been thinking and I have been mostly paleo for over a year and nuts have become an everyday foodstuff for me, every single day! I have decided to eliminate them for two weeks and see what happens. I am carrying on the whole30 as I feel I need to tweak it more to benefit fully. My little sister had severe excema too Trina but also has a severe nut allergy. They are a common cause of histamine reaction.

• 2 months later...

Archived