August 1 Start Date - Who Wants to Rock This w/ Me?

wylandfn

Day 7 - Yes it's been seven days and all is well with the world! LOL =)

Besides some headaches on day two and three it's been painless. I have definitely lost some weight, I first loss weight in my face and my clothes feel loose! :D yeah!

But the biggest blessing is that the pain of tendinitus in my groan and knee ( on a scale 1- 10), last week was a 10, I was having Norco (pain killer) for breakfast and before bed, and now is down to a 5 1/2 . I've stopped taking my morning pain killer and only taking my night pill if needed. Thank you Jesus!

I'm looking forwad to my chamomile tea later, so I'll say good night to all, tomorrow is going to be a great day. ♡♡♡

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't really mean "effects" but similar carb like features as sweet potatoes- I appreciate the suggestions!  My husband is fearful he might turn orange ;)

haha - I think he may still turn orange from pumpkin/butternut :P

root vegies are starchy - carrots, parsnips, beetroot.

Hey all, I've been getting comfortable with everything....today was a fairly smooth day.  Manage the food & energy levels well, particularly around my 5k "race" tonight.  Time was pitiful but I expected that.  Curious to see how well I lift tomorrow.  

Here's what I wrote on my blog.  Promise to CUOP (catch up on posts) tomorrow.

"Day 6--I had more energy today.  Went shopping with my daughter and ran a 5k tonight.  My time was off but I expected it from reading the forum.  I've had an earache all week...allergies I guess.  Read the Whole9 take on supplements, probiotics, etc. Was really glad to see that kombucha, water kefir, and other ferments are a part of Whole30.  I'm letting my water kefir ferment an extra day to be sure to convert all the sugar.  I've been holding off on it for that reason.  If I feel a sugar rush after drinking it I'll back off until the 30 days are over.  Kombucha hasn't been a problem at all.  I got a nice daikon radish at Whole Foods today and will make some kimchi tomorrow.

So after a week of following the program I find that I can live without sugar, fairly easily, thank you!  I am looking thinner, except in the dressing room at Anthropology where I looked 10 X bigger than I think I am.  More importantly, I really am enjoying the food and can see myself living 80% like this going forward (excepting Friday night date night...the hubs and I do like us some wine with dinner and gelato after)!

Forgot to mention my biggest discovery.....bulletproof coffee.  As a diehard, homebrewed espresso latte lover, a black americano wasn't cutting it.  I've been playing with throwing the americano in the vitamix with two tablespoons of coconut milk and a half teaspoon of ghee and blending for 30 seconds.  This has saved my Whole30 cuz I don't know how many more mornings I was gonna win the no-latte battle."

Ok it's day 8 and I'm at "kill all things" stage. Up to now I was my happy self and today I was rude to two customers. And I'm listening to myself and going 'wow slow down' but my mouth is spitting out venom :) and I felt a bit foggy in my head and slightly less energetic. I know it's normal but I just want it to go away. I never thought that I had issues with sugar but for the first couple of days I dreamt of cakes and sweets. Obviously they are there but just deep inside my brain. I just want to hit the tiger blood stage and rearrange my house. I've got a lot of forgotten cleaning to do. I'm an 'out of sight out of mind' kind of person and my house is the same. Hang on spare bedrooms! I will get there soon!

Crazy insane levels of energy yesterday!  I actually didn't sleep well at all and not sure if it is a Whole30 issue or a lot of amazing things that happened with my coaching business yesterday that kept my mind racing.  My husband was also having a similar experience - will keep a close eye on this tonight and see if we have a similar experience. 

I didn't really mean "effects" but similar carb like features as sweet potatoes- I appreciate the suggestions!  My husband is fearful he might turn orange ;)

Mashed cauliflower with coconut milk and garlic tastes REMARKABLY like mashed potatoes (if you use frozen cauli and process well in a food processor or blender). My last batch, I also added a LITTLE sweet potato to and it balanced everything out nicely.

Well, I guess I'm going to have a bunch of the stages all at once, lol.  

Okay, it's official, I don't feel well, lol.   I've been sneezing like crazy today and I sound kind of nasally.  Throat and eyes are both feeling funny.  I don't think it's a cold...more like allergies, so I took an allergy pill.  Maybe it will help me sleep which might help me feel better all the way around.  

Also having the clumsy stage:  had a great 7 oz sirloin steak for dinner...managed to get it cooked perfectly, sat down to eat...probably had about 5-6 bites then while cutting my next piece, moved the fork or knife just the right way and flung that steak across the room.  Dang.   :o   

The clumsy stage caused a "kill all the things" moment.

The "kill all the things" moment combined with two nights of weight lifting this week has caused feel like I got hit by a bus.

Tried to work out, but my back is achy.

Happy day 8, lol!

IANA, for constipation I drink 8oz of warm water with little lemonbefore breakfast, and I try to drink at least 2 glasses of water in the AM, 2 gls. at some point in the afternoon and 2 gls in the evening until I feel hydrated. Your body will use all this water to keep you hydrated, and the warm water will help your body eliminate the waste. I hope this works for you, hang in their it'll get better. =)=)=)

IANA, for constipation I drink 8oz of warm water with little lemonbefore breakfast, and I try to drink at least 2 glasses of water in the AM, 2 gls. at some point in the afternoon and 2 gls in the evening until I feel hydrated. Your body will use all this water to keep you hydrated, and the warm water will help your body eliminate the waste. I hope this works for you, hang in their it'll get better. =)=)=)

Thank you Naomil I actually had the same brain wave yesterday as I have heard that before. It definitely helped. I'm gonna do that every morning until all clear :) I'm feeling more and more energy every day and got up earlier than my usual 'sleep in Suturday' this morning, cooked breakfast and cleaner the house. Will be making bone broth later as I add it to pretty much everything just like stock. Yesterday I went out for dinner. Studied the menu before I left, called the restaurant and asked them if they could amend a few thing for me and what oil they used for cooking :) I said I was allergic and that way there is less risk of getting something on your plate that you don't want. I had an eye fillet wrapped in bacon and steamed green veg. Yum. They even. Paid extra attention to me and gave us a $10 voucher at the end of the night. Score!

Thank you Naomil I actually had the same brain wave yesterday as I have heard that before. It definitely helped. I'm gonna do that every morning until all clear :) I'm feeling more and more energy every day and got up earlier than my usual 'sleep in Suturday' this morning, cooked breakfast and cleaner the house. Will be making bone broth later as I add it to pretty much everything just like stock. Yesterday I went out for dinner. Studied the menu before I left, called the restaurant and asked them if they could amend a few thing for me and what oil they used for cooking :) I said I was allergic and that way there is less risk of getting something on your plate that you don't want. I had an eye fillet wrapped in bacon and steamed green veg. Yum. They even. Paid extra attention to me and gave us a $10 voucher at the end of the night. Score!

I had a great response when I contacted a restaurant too - so helpful! Made me feel so much more comfortable ordering

....I want to know what the bacon was! I haven't found any compliant bacon over here, even the good stuff I've found has rubbish added :(

I can't find compliant bacon here either.  Most of the brands I looked at at Whole Foods all had sugar in them, including my favorite pre-cooked kind.  :)  

Day 9 & 10.  Not feeling that great.  I stayed home from work yesterday because I felt pretty yucky...kind of like a cold, but not really, more like allergies, but not sure to what and why all of a sudden.

Today in addition to all that, I got super light-headed in the morning while shopping.  I still have that a little bit, but it's not nearly as bad as it was earlier.

Hi everyone--Went for an incredible 5-mile hike today...I'd only had breakfast, didn't have time to eat lunch before the hubs was ready to go.  I'd been having weak legs during workouts all week but I felt great today...my breathing seemed better too.  weird.  Anyway, can't wait to see what tiger blood feels like, roar!

I did come home and eat immediately and ate supper soon afterward.  I did have some prunes this evening.  You'd think there wouldn't be a problem with so many veggies!

Looks like everyone is doing well and no one has caved!  We are on the right path guys!  Keep up the good work.  Friday, was rough for us, my husband had a major breakdown (he didn't cheat, but expressed his hate toward ground turkey)  when he got home from work which lead me to getting pissed and a huge fight unleashed.  Once, we cooled down and I put my health coach hat on, I was able to help him work through the reason for the breakdown.  Turns out that he was left uninspired by his ground turkey lettuce wraps when his co-workers returned to the office with culinary confections containing massive amount of grease and fat.  We came up with a few suggestions should this issue arise again :)

Participating in Whole30 has really given me the clarity on the direction I want to take my health coaching business. I had been floundering around on the direction and thanks to doing this, my direction is clear.  I want to coach grain free and paleo lifestyles. Truthfully, everything else my husband and I had tried to lose weight in the past has been a short term journey, I truly believe this is what works for us and will become our lifestyle beyond the 30days.

Another fun adventure today was stopping by the mall for a new pair of jeans.  I am happy to say I am down a size which is HUGE for me, in the past when I lost weight my pant size never budged so this is a true sign to me to keep going and that things are happening.  Plus, it helped me resist the urge to want to weigh myself.

Off to plan out the week of meals and start the cooking process!  What's everyone making this week?

Feeling great on Day 13! Days 11 and 12 I had my very first headachey days and felt really tired, but I'm hanging in there. 

Is anyone else craving really fatty cuts of meat? I spent all day yesterday fascinating about making a really fatty lamb shoulder blade chop with a giant arugula salad for dinner last night. I mean, I ended up making the fantasy a reality (yay!), but I've never really thought about a piece of meat going: "OH MY GOD, the richer and fattier, the better!"

Day 13-15.

I am finally feeling better, but still haven't found my boundless energy.  :unsure:

@SanguineAspect...I'm actually not really craving anything, which is odd, lol.  I do sometimes crave fatty meats, but haven't since Whole30. 

Yesterday for the first time since starting Whole30, I looked a second longer at the candy sitting on my counter (I keep it for the office--it makes them happy), but when I thought about it, I actually didn't want it, there was something else I wanted, and it wasn't food.  It's amazing how often I have misdirected what I really want to chocolate (or other sweets) even if that original thing I wanted wasn't food.  :rolleyes:

Today I find myself poorly prepared for the rest of the week.  I think I thought I had more stuff in my freezer than I did, so I'm light on some things.  Today my work meals are short on veggies and fat.  I'll do much better this week when I shop.

Fortunately, while not the best option, I do have some raw cashews at work that I can munch on if I get too hungry.  I also have some macadamia nuts, but those will be a last resort because they've been roasted with canola oil.  I think I still have some unsweetened coconut flakes as well.

Hello tiger blood, my bathroom thanks you. Came home and cleaned for an hour and then cooked dinner. This is not norm for me. I'm lazy and leave things until I can no longer look at them and then clean. Cleaning is my least favourite thing to do. I just don't like it. I'd rather cook a banquet for 30 people and cooking is my thing. It's funny when I think about the time I started eating mostly paleo a year ago I was a bit depressed coz I thought 'how am I going to cook with no sugar or flour?' 'What am I going spread my butter on?' All these questions made me feel confused. Now I'm not confused. I've had so much inspiration from paleo blogs like Nom Nom Paleo and OMGpaleo. My eyes opened up to REAL food. I will not go back.

Two days ago I felt like quitting. I nearly ate a cookie without even realising it. But I didn't. Today I ate my whole30 dinner in front of my husband eating a large cheesy pizza and beer. Yes ok I looked, yes ok I smelled and yes ok in my head I was munching on a slice. But I did not touch it. My cravings are still there but I'm in control.

Archived