August Whole 30 log

pam21e

Had leftover Thai curry for breakfast (yes, meal 1). Went home at lunch and had again (don't mind, not sick of it yet, a favorite)..then I spent time with our dog....and just held him and cried.Just want to finsih work today, go home and be with my dog and my husband....maybe artichoke and paleo mayo and some type of protein tonight for din din. No workout the past few days...getting very little sleep due to dog situation and stress at work.

PS Forgot to click mynewsletter link last night...but somehow I still woke up to my Day 7 Whole 30 Daily...so yay.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kelly sorry to hear about your dog.... it is heartbreaking when our animals are sick. What kind of dog do you have?

My oldest daughter had to put down their senior dog (who use to be our dog) this past spring.  She was a jack russell terrier.

I have also forgot to click the newsletter link at the end of a day and I received the email as usual. So far today, I have been compliant, still not very hungry. I am sure this will eventually pass.

~pam

Pam: Thanks. So painful...especially since my husband is not really accepting that we need to let go of our baby Gus. He's a pug...only 11 1/2 years old. We adopted him from PUG rescue when he was 3 1/2, so we have been his parents for 8 wonderful, fulfilling years. He lost the use of his rear legs...so we had an MRI Feb 1 and found out he had 10 bulging discs in his back and neck and is full of arthritis. One of the discs got infrected and so they had to do a spinal tap. He then got a super bad ear infection that went way down deep and caused him to lose some hearing...then the meds he was on tipped the scale and caused him to develop diabetes (his blood test/glucose level was fine before the MRI, meds, etc.). So we give him injections 2X a day and tons of pain meds, etc. We had a mobility cart for him for a while, then he lost use of his front right paw, so could no longer use the mobility cart. He basically can only lie there on a pee pad all day long and cry...cry for food, cry for water, cry due to pain, cry because he wants to snuggle (he loves to kiss and snuggle). About two weeks ago we rushed him to emergency....his eyes were spasming and they said he had a mild stroke which resulted in vestibular syndrome.  He sleeps with us...I now have to get up every 2 hours or so to take him out (he cannot pee/poo on his own). So, sleep deprived most nights. It's so unfair to have him this way, though we want to keep him with us forever....he cannot play or walk...no interest in toys...just sleep, cry or kiss. He is seeing 2 vets this weekend and then I am planning to tell my husband we have to schedule a date to allow Gus to go to doggie heaven before he goes there via an emergency and just "dies". I would rather he have peace and we have a chance to be with him and all have closure. I have never had to put a pet down..this is my first one. Hopefully after grieving and healing, in a year maybe we can adopt again....my husband said never again, too painful, but I remind him of the joy and love Gus has brought/given...and us to him. He is the best pug!

As for my Whole 30....still on track. Last night dinner out..had grilled steak and steamed veggies again..then home to pistachios and dried mango....

This a.m. having leftover veggies in an omelette...and mango kombucha. One week done! Woo hoo! Still no workout.....

Glad we at least have each other to connect during this Whole 30....I miss the big group we had for the June 1. Hope others come back.......and post!

Hugs,

Kel

post-25664-0-32444200-1375973185_thumb.j

post-25664-0-67432100-1375973208_thumb.j

Aww, poor puppy! I'm so sorry to hear about Gus. That must be so hard. My parents have put down both my childhood pets (a cat & a dog), and although my rescue pooch is still going strong I'm dreading the day we have to make the doggy heaven decision. I hope Gus has very peaceful and happy days to come.

Aww, poor puppy! I'm so sorry to hear about Gus. That must be so hard. My parents have put down both my childhood pets (a cat & a dog), and although my rescue pooch is still going strong I'm dreading the day we have to make the doggy heaven decision. I hope Gus has very peaceful and happy days to come.

Thank you.....I'm just in agony right now....want to spend every minute with hiim.....

Hi all! Just wanted to pitch in my support for the August Whole 30! I was on vacation, so I am starting today. I'll be following you guys in addition to posting my own dailys.

So sorry about your dog, Kelly. I'm in tears over here!  I'm sure he had a lovely life with you two. :)

Hi all! Just wanted to pitch in my support for the August Whole 30! I was on vacation, so I am starting today. I'll be following you guys in addition to posting my own dailys.

So sorry about your dog, Kelly. I'm in tears over here!  I'm sure he had a lovely life with you two. :)

Thank you Caitpage!  Welcome back from vacation...glad you're with us!

Today has been compliant thus far....which is great. I had eggs, leftover veggies, ghee for breakfast.....lunch was thai curry chicken/shrimp/veggies....some dried mango and a "few" pistachios.

snack I'm not supposed to have, but did....I had a kombucha and some watermelon.

Dinner tonight I'm thinking the final serving of Thai curry...maybe an artichoke and paleo mayo

No workout. Supposed to go to an OA meeting, but am exhausted. Will probably skip it and stay home with hubby and dog.

Kelly,  You all have had to deal with alot with Gus. I hope he can have some peaceful days ahead with you and your husband and not be in pain.

I miss all the folks we had in the June group as well. It is nice to have the support, I am glad we have connected and are staying in touch. 

Crazy weekend ahead, moving our daughter to an apartment for college, have my husbands triathlon on Sat morning then a birthday party Saturday afternoon. 

I ran out of my primal pacs, they have been my crutch when I am in a pinch for a meal......

~pam

@caitpage,  the link that GFChris posted is it.  They are really good, the only downside is they take a while after ordered to arrive. 

I should be getting my next order really soon, probably not before I leave tomorrow.  :(

~pam

Pam:  Good luck with this weekend. A lot going on! I have two vet appts and then I plan to talk with my husband and tell him that we really need to set a date...I'm thinking a couple of weeks from now...for Gus....I would take a few days off work before the Labor Day weekend...so that my hubby and I could support each other in the loss of our baby (our pug Gus). I've tried to talk with my husband but he does not want to face our decision...too painful. I understand, but I realize we are being selfish in keeping Gus with us when he is in pain and suffering...cannot walk or play or anything. We need to let go and give him peace. I pray for strength to talk with my husband after the vets' this weekend...so we would have 2 1/2 weeks to spend quality time as much as poosible with him...then euthenize. Ick.

My hypnotherapy teacher wanted me to help out at the school this weekend or next...I usually love to, but told him my situation with Gus and that I really need to focus on him and on my husband and myself right now. Will help out later. Did not go to my OA meeting last night either. Exhuasted. Fell asleep.

Tempted to go off plan last night...not much to eat...but ended up choosing compliant foods....incl the mango and nuts.

This a.m. having leftover broccoli make into an omlette....avocado as healthy fat...gingerade enlightened kombucha. Still no workout. Will attempt this weekend. After vet appts tomorrow I think we are going to sister in law's again, so I must prepare something to bring..unless she decides to have plain grilled salmon (she mentioned)...then I'll just need veggies and a healthy fat. All set! Sundy I have a client...so will be preparing for that all weekend. It brings me so much joy to be able to truly help others...and empower them to help themselves! I pray for strength and courage and comfort and guidance...one day at a time.

I am so happy I am staying compliant thus far on Whole30....I told myself going OFF plan will NOT help me...I need the clarity right now...I need the peacefulness and the structure.

I'll check in later. Happy Friday!

Kelly

Went home for lunch to care for Gus (our pug) and didn't know what to eat....then I decided to take out of the freezer some stir fry chicken with bell peppers that I had made last Whole30. So, had that and 2 servings pistachios as my lunch...THEN hubby walked in the door and he had gotten a chicken wrap and fries!  The fries didn't appeal to me at all, but the chicken wrap did (huge flour tortilla with chicken, lettuce, tomoato, avocado). Maybe when I do reintro of gluten grains, I can have one (flour tortilla). But, thankful and happy to say that at day 9 my allergies went away again...amazing. I have to keep that in mind when tempted with stuff others are eating.  I know I have been eating more quantity than I need (PMS, stress from Gus' situation, etc are my excuses).....tempted to weigh myself, but I know I should not until this Whole 30 is over.....

Yes, tomorrow we are in the double digits and Kelly that is great your allergies have gone away again!! We can do this!!!

We are staying at my parents house this weekend, and my dad asked me how much weight I have lost and said he noticed I move around easier now. That is true, my joints don't hurt like they did, which is 100% why I started this journey in the first place. I know the more weight I lose the better they will continue to get. 

We got my daughter moved in to her apartment. Thank god for family, my brother has a truck with a hitch, so he pulled the Uhaul for us, from Kansas City down to Springfield (Missouri). Then helped unload everything. Plus my brother was able to fix the drawers on her dresser!!!!! All around handy man. (my husband is not a handy man!!)

Birthday party is tomorrow, and I will bring compliant food with me. I am not jeopardizing my eating for a party!!

~pam

Hey guys! After going completely off the rails at my birthday, it's been a couple if weeks if horrible eating. I really had an all or nothing mentality. So, I am trying to reset once again. U started on Saturdat the 10th, so this is day two for me. My head hurts and I don't know if I can drag myself from the couch.

Last time I had 0 caffeine, but tempted by the bulletproof coffee. May look into that to help get past the first few days.

I am doing it this time because I KNOW how much better I felt when I was compliant. I just failed miserably at the reintro portion.

As before, posting here was a key to my sucess. Plus, I think I am going to add the emails to keep me motivated.

Good luck to you all!

Welcome Tracy.   

Update of the weekend. Went to the birthday party and wasn't even tempted by the cupcakes or the cute little fruit tarts or sugar cookies in the shape of a train...... Was compliant all the way!!!! 

Daughter has everything except her clothes in her apartment. She is home again until Monday when she will drive back down to Springfield. School starts the 19th, but she has a job on campus and has a couple meetings this week to attend.

It will be back to just me and my husband, empty nesters!!!!

~pam

Hello all!

Pam...great job w daughter's move and w bd party. Welcome Tracy!

Last night I almost gave in at my sister in law's for dinner....they had homemade lasagna, Caesar salad and crunchy hot breadwinner butter. I brought my compliant veggie and seafood stir fry. Twice I almost gave in for lasagna and hot bread.....but told myself not starting over...told hubby we have to go home. At home had fresh mango. I worked out finally...felt good. I prepped for tods client

Today I worked w a client for two hours....I'm exhausted. Didn't really have protein.....guess I should.

Kelly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Day 12 and it is a rainy Monday here in the midwest.  At least we haven't had to water our lawn.

Headed to work, still out of my Primal pacs, hopefully they have shipped and will be here soon. My nephew found a new bar that I plan on eating after the whole 30, but it is called Epic bars. Here is a link.  http://www.epicbar.com

Not keen on the turkey, but the bison and beef sound dee-lish!!!

~pam

Pam...looked the link..says cultured dextrose...isn't that sugar?

Day 12 compliant...still too many nuts and fruit. Ordered more primal pacs. Took a month last time. Wish shipping were faster

Getting bored w my food but we're almost half way

Kelly, it isn't Whole 30 compliant but I will eat it after the Whole 30. 

I received my lab results, and am a bit bummed. I thought my Cholesterol would be down, but it is slightly up. I guess I will kick in to high gear with exercise and see what happens with that.

~pam

Pam: Ive been eating eggs daily...so I hope my cholesterol does not increase (I think that's a myth anyway....got dispelled years ago?). I take cholesterol meds and blood pressure meds....I really need to work out too. Only been doing so 1 or 2X a week...not good enough. Also, though compliant thus far for 12 1/2 days....eating too much quantitywise....so am tempted to step on scale...but won't...til Aug 31 (:

Archived