simone's 2nd whole 30 (or possibly more)

simonec

(yesterday)

meal 2- chicken thigh, home fried jicama (the kids loved the jicama)

meal 3- deconstructed hamburger

Day 26:

i slept crappy again...forgot to take the natural calm and tossed and turned until around 1 am...must find time to get rid of the stress

meal 1- 1 cup of black coffee, 4 fried eggs, home fried sweet potatoes

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 27:

i slept about 8 hours of good solid sleep last  night, yay!

meal 1- 1 cup of black coffee, 4 fried eggs, home fried sweet potatoes

meal 2- a big salad with ground beef and home made blueberry vinagrette (i got some wild blueberries that were awesome for this)

meal 3- pork carnitas on a bed of lettuce with guacamole and celery sticks

Day 28:

ok...so my sleep was ok, but not optimal last night...i had some weird dreams and stress is definitely affecting my sleep. i have been going through old boxes full of papers the last few days....had boxes covering half of my kitchen/dining area for a while, but got through most of it...now to put stuff that i'm keeping in files and folders.

meal 1- black coffee (1 cup), 4 fried eggs, fried plantains 

meal 2- chicken breast with salad and home made blueberry vinegrette

meal 3- ground beef, sauteed with cabbage and a dollop of home made mayo.

i had some kombuch and the kids had some blueberries in addition to meal 1.

day 29:

i slept ok, once i finally fell asleep...i bought natural calm at the health food store today (finally got  a full sized container not a couple single packets)...tomorrow is day 30 for me, and i'll weigh and measure myself monday, which will be day 31 of the 60 days. in the next 30 days i hope to get my budgeting and workouts a bit more refined.  

meal 1- 1 cup of black coffee (monday i start going without coffee, although i could actually start that tomorrow), 4 scrambled eggs and home fried sweet potatoes

meal 2- ground beef and green beans sauteed together with herbs and spices

meal 3- chicken legs, beets and broccoli

TMI Warning:

i have been feeling off for about 4 or 5 days and found out why...i got my monthly visitor (well not quite monthly for me, sometimes it seems more like annual or more likely every 2 or 3 months,though, after i had my kids i didn't get it for almost 2 and a half years. so we'll see if I get more regular as i continue eating paleo).

oh, and no sugar cravings at all lately, not even craving chocolate which i often do...sinuses are a little stuffy but my allergies have been mild compared to many of my friends who usually have bad allergies the same time as me this last week and a half. i'm hoping my sleep patterns and allergies improve even more in the next 31 days.

tough week coming up...school clothes shopping, paying bills, paying rent, doing piles of paper work, meeting teachers, making appointments and our drier vent is being cleaned out and i have piles of filing and recycling and kids toys everywhere...the kids start school on the 9th.

Day 30:

slept really well, got over 8 hours of sleep. first day without coffee.

meal 1- scrambled eggs and home fried sweet potatoes

meal 2- salad with grass fed steak, salsa and guacamole

meal 3- chicken thighs, brussels sprouts sauteed in coconut oil with salt, pepper, and garlic.

spent much of the day in the mall school clothes shopping,with the kids and my friend Amy. the kids picked out sketchers sneakers with flashing lights and got their hair trimmed and shaped and we picked up pants and shirts for them...i still need a fall jacket for one of the kids and rain coats and rain boots for them, but feeling less stressed now that i've gotten some shopping done.

Day 31:

slept really well again (the natural calm really helps me fall asleep much easier). woke up with a headache...thinking it's either due to allergies or the caffeine with drawl...my grandmother's coffee smells way to good this morning, but not even going to have a sip.

it being day 31 i figured i'd do a weigh and measure.

starting weight- 236 lbs  weight this morning 225 lbs

measurements today

upper arms -16 1/4 " 

chest -46 1/2"

upper abs - 38 1/2 "

waist - 40 "

lower abs- 43"

thigh -27"

calf- 18 1/2"

my calf is the only measurement with no change...every thing else went down...my lower abs/gut went down 2  and a 1/2 inches and i dropped 11 lbs. i'm curious to see how the next 30 days change things.

meal 1- 4 scrambled eggs, garnet yams, kombucha

today i am doing some cleaning...moving a few things around...some things have to move upstairs to the kids' room or the upstairs hall way other things are moving to better spots in the rooms that they are in.

meal 2- grass fed beef burgers, broccoli, and some fresh tomato from my dad's garden (he brought us over  some including a huge one he was calling the "king tomato"...he says next week the figs should be ripe and he'll bring us some).

Day 32:

i slept well, but woke up at 5 am, after about 8 hours...i had hoped to get a little extra sleep, but i guess my body didn't need it, since i could not get back to sleep and woke up raring to go. 

meal 1 : 4 fried eggs, butternut squash and kombucha

meal 2- home fried jicama and ground grass fed beef .

meal 3- chicken legs and green beans.

i should sleep well tonight, i finished moving a few things around in the kitchen, scrubbed the floors, cleaned behind the washer and drier and i went grocery shopping...tomorrow Connor and i are walking the 2 + miles to his school to meet his teacher and then walking back, and i want to finish a little cleaning, and thursday Declyn and i are walking the 2 + miles to the school to meet his teacher, then walking back and i will be going to the health food store with Connor thursday afternoon. very busy week for us.

day 33

i got about 8 hours of sleep last night...walked to the school and back with connor today.

meal1- 4 scrambled eggs, home fried sweet potatoes

meal 2- bround beef and broccoli

meal 3- chicken breasts, raw carrots and almonds.

Day 34:

i got close to 9 hours of sleep and walked to school with Declyn and back, then went to the health food store, where they were all out of our favorite organic beets..bummer! 

meal 1- 4 eggs fried, home fried sweet potatoes and kombucha...i miss having the warm rich flavor of coffee in the morning.

meal 2- deconstructed hamburger (from Well Fed)

meal 3- chicken thighs, steamed broccoli and raw carrots

Archived