simone's 2nd whole 30 (or possibly more)

simonec

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 17:

i got 9 and half hours of sleep last night, woke up this morning with my back feeling stiff and achy, doing more yoga today in hopes that it'll help if i keep at it. i had 2 food dreams last night...one which i had 2 cups of coffee instead of one and felt really guilty about it and the other i was baking tons and tons of cookies and feeding them to everyone i saw.

meal 1- 1 cup of black coffee, salmon (1 serving worth), 3 eggs, butternut squash and sauerkraut and 1 dose of fermented cod liver oil.

meal 3- roasted chicken, raw carrots, and steamed broccoli tossed with coconut oil and herbs.

i have a dentist appointment tomorrow afternoon, but will be preparing food to go to the beach with us on wednesday and thursday we will end up going to the health food store, as regular (i don't really need to go early in the week).

the dentist visit went well. i got chicken legs ready to go to the beach, but i need olive oil, so no deviled eggs this time (i need to pick some up or no mayo at all until next week). i will have guacamole, though.

meal 3: salmon cakes, fire roasted tomatoes and cumin roasted carrots (from Well Fed...these rock! declyn and i loved them!)

Day 19:

i got around 8 and a half hours of sleep last night...feeling great and going to the beach in a bit.

meal 1- dose of fermented cod liver oil, 1 cup of black coffee, 4  fried eggs, home fried sweet potatoes and sauerkraut

meal 2- chicken legs, carrot sticks, celery sticks, guacamole and grapes

meal 3- ground beef sauteed in coconut oil, various seasonings, fire roasted tomatoes and spinach

we had a great day at the beach...getting sunshine and fresh air, going for walks and playing in the water (jumping waves and swimming) my back is feeling much better, but still is delicate, just a little movement the wrong way sends pain shooting through my entire back, however it feels fine most of the time.

i was starving and running late getting home for meal 2 so was glad that i had larabars on hand for my son and i to munch on while waiting for the bus...i figured it was that or frozen meat and veggies which was not appealing to me. i have never had liver, but the health food store had grass fed cow liver in 1 lb packages on sale for $3.99 each as opposed to $5.99 each which will be the normal price...they are new to the store so it was an introductory offer...i bought 2 packages and now have to figure out a way to prepare liver that hopefully, the kids and my grandmother will enjoy as well as myself. yup, i'm getting adventurous.

i was feeling a little, blah about my postings on here, my internal dialog was like "why do you always post faithfully every day to the food log when no one ever reads it?" but i decided it doesn't matter weather i'm the only one that reads it, because i do it to help keep myself compliant and so that maybe if anyone ever does read it, it may help or inspire them.

meal 2- chicken legs, carrot sticks, celery sticks and guacamole

meal 3- grass fed hamburgers, guacamole, cucumber and tomato salad made with tomatoes from my dad's garden (my step mom brought a zucchini and some tomatoes over yesterday)

(i may make meat balls tomorrow using grass fed liver and ground grass fed beef and make zucchini noodles and tomato sauce for one of tomorrow's meals and use half (or 1/3 ) of the meatballs for that and use some for another meal or two.)

Just because we haven't replied doesn't mean it isn't being read. :)

Sounds like you have a great plan for the liver and zucchini. There is a thread floating around called liver love that has more ideas. I bought some a while ago that is still in my freezer. I will make it. I will. I need to. I do! ;)

about to go to bed, but thought i'd log my final meals for the day...

meal 2- a really big salad with chicken breasts and olive oil with vinegar

meal 3- grass fed beef and liver meat balls, zucchini noodles and home made tomato sauce (connor loved this, declyn not so much)

amberino, i was told that grass fed liver has a better taste than non-grass fed, but i'd still only eat it mixed in with ground beef. my local health food store only started carrying it about a week ago, before that i couldn't find it.

Day 22 :

i got about 8 and a half hours of sleep last night.

meal 1- 1 cup of black coffee, and some chicken and veggie fritata 

meal 2- ground grass fed beef and liver meat balls, with creamy spice market kale (from Well Fed)

the kale was very yummy...the meat balls were pretty good.

i'm sipping kombucha as i type this...yummmm!

Day 23:

ok...today was a weird day... i got about 8 ish hours of sleep last night

meal 1- 1/ 2 cup of black coffee, scrambled eggs, home fried sweet potatoes

meal 2- left over chicken, hard boiled egg, celery sticks and tomatoes

meal 3- ground beef, tomato and green beans

i really need to shop...so low on veggies

Day 24

i slept really badly last night...food was a bit scarce this morning, but i went grocery shopping..

meal 1- scrambled eggs, sauerkraut and a few sips of black coffee (the coffee wasn't appealing this morning)

meal 2- chicken thighs and a big salad

meal 3- little/skinny steaks and sauteed zucchini and onions (in coconut oil)

now i'm off to bed and hoping i can fall asleep...so tired it should be easy.

Day 25:

i slept ok...i got a about 7 and a half hours of sleep last night...not ideal, but better than the previous night...i've been stressed out and i'm sure that is affecting my sleep. i am going to try taking natural calm to help me get to sleep tonigh

meal 1- 1 cup of black coffee, 4 fried eggs and home fried sweet potatoes.

Archived