muscle fatigue/general fatigue

(Whoo! First post!)

Day 6 of attempt 2 (after making it through 6 and a half days of attempt one before succumbing to peer pressure and cracking).

I haven't made it a point to "exercise," but I ride my bike as my means of transportation. I've definitely noticed my body feeling like it's "reaching" for an energy source that doesn't exist. Pedalling harder or uphill, or climbing stairs, there's a chug-chug-chug that happens that is exhausting. I'm guessing this is what it's like when my body still expects to be fueled by sugar? I'm really curious to see what it will feel like when it can actually utilize fat as a resource. And I've been sleeping SO MUCH. I accidentally took a Crossfit break during this time and am so glad -- I can't imagine working harder physically, as I'm so much more inclined to sleep.

Otherwise, in general, I work at a delicious bakery. But that peer-pressure crack actually really helped me to focus, and I've found this time around I'm not coveting anything covered in frosting.

And...can I just get an AMEN for sweet potatoes? I mean...RIGHT?!

Wow, you're doing this working in a bakery? Respect.

I think I'm a little unusual but since starting this I have been able to smell fresh bread and really enjoy that but not want to eat it. I'm a bread fiend and I never thought that would happen. Anyway, I'm glad I can still enjoy it in a way!

It is totally normal to feel wiped doing things you normally do during the first 2-3 weeks of this transition. Sweet Potatoes AMEN! Yes!

The reward for this two week bonk is a much better workout experience on the other side. Trust me!

Archived