9 days compliant and today I am in pain

I've been feeling really good from the get-go with minimal fatigue, GI issues, etc., but my baseline diet was pretty whole and unprocessed.  I ate a ton of nuts and dairy,however, and drank more than a couple gin and tonics per week.  I started the Whole 30 to improve sleep, skin, GI, and mostly pain, and now on day 9 after being hyper-conscious of everything I eat and reading all labels, I am hurting.  The bursitis in my hip that was feeling good before starting is back with a vengeance, and even my arthritic feet are aching.  My back is also killing me and none of this is hormonally related (at least in a PMS way) or activity related, as I'm sticking to my pretty aggressive work-out schedule that was in place before starting.  

I know it will "get worse before it gets better," but since pain was the primary motivator for me,  I need a bit of encouragement and commiseration.  My stress level just went through the roof two days ago (and is sustained), but even still this is a bit much in terms of discomfort.  I'm hardly eating any nuts/nut butters/fruit, so I don't think that's a crutch that's negatively impacting me.  I'm also very well hydrated, peeing more times per day than I can keep track of.  Ideas?  Sympathy?  I'm not quitting - no way - but some words of wisdom, please.  

Patience, grasshopper.  That's what I keep thinking. . . 

I would say wait it out and see.

It is completely normal to be a bit fatigued for 2 weeks or so as your body changes its primary food source so if you are going at the same pace you were before and have added stress on top of it that could be contributing.

Remember it starts with food but it isn't just about food, other lifestyle factors count as well.

Archived