How to get the best mental benefit?

cavemma

So I am on Day 9 of the whole 30 and while I don't actually crave much of anything I've given up, I have a hard time not snacking. Part of this is that I'm stressed out from moving but I was wondering if anyone had any advice. I really want to get the mental benefit as well and I hate feeling like I have to snack even when I'm not actually hungry. 

Don't plan snacks in to your day - maybe prep all your meals beforehand and only let yourself eat what you've prepared.

Maybe try eating more at your meals so there's no chance you'll get hungry - really listening to your body during the day when you feel like you want a snack will probably make you realise you aren't hungry!

I understand the need to 'snack' - hungry or not.  When the urge hits, do something else immediately - walk around the block, 5 pushups, brush your teeth, watch a video / youtube channel.  You'll retrain the pavlovian response - I need a break and snacking is a socially acceptable (and super fun!) way to do that.

I think your snacking is too self soothe and 'take a break' in the afternoon.  If you like herbal tea, try that (I don't really) - but think of some 'substitute' that is a signal to your body that you are 'offline' a the moment and taking a break.

Archived