Overwhelming fatigue

Hi everyone,

This is day 15 of my whole30 and I have been having a lot of overwhelming fatigue - needing/wanting a nap every day (which unfortunately isn't possible while I'm working), or nodding off in the afternoon when I normally wouldn't. 

The fatigue has been present the majority of the day for the last several days, more pronounced in the afternoon.  Is this normal? 

Thanks, Heather

Fairly normal.  However I would recomend eating a extra bit of starchy carbs during your next meal.  This could be sweet potato, pumpkin, squash, beets, carrots.... bascially root vegetables.

It should help aleviate the desk turning into a bed at work. :P

At this point your energy levels should be improving. Try adding more starchy vegetables to a few meals each day and see of that helps. Low energy for me is usually related to low food intake. Once I get three good, compliant, hearty meals in, I usually feel better. Don't be afraid to eat!!!

I had the same problems but since adding in more starchy veg I've felt much better and my energy levels are starting to feel great on day 23.  I'm eating sweet potato, squash, carrots, beetroots, rutabaga etc and trying to have a decent amount at breakfast and evening meal.  I've really upped my veg intake and it has definately helped.

Archived