August 26th Start Date

LebenAlles

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 16 and we're both feeling pretty awesome.  I know I'm eating too many fruits and nuts and larabars right now, so I'm going to cut that waay down for the last 15 days.  I've decided to go through with turning this into a Whole60.  I feel like while a break sounds nice, I don't want to lose my momentum and I know I'm still nowhere close to where I need to be as far as my habits (i.e. the sugar dragon), so another round is definitely in order.  

I've really been enjoying my workouts before work.  Definitely see the energy getting better as I've been able to beat my times on the mile on the elliptical, and I've upped my weight on a few of the machines.  Good times! 

Hope everyone is rocking it!

I am trying to shift to a low FODMAPS and IBS protocol for another 2weeks. My digestion is out of whack! I am feeling pretty limited in veggie choices but I need to feel better or I will not last. I am sticking with cooked sweet potato, squash, root veggies, green beans and no more nuts, dried fruit, avocado or coconut milk. Also, limiting eggs to only yolks in homemade mayo. Wish me luck!

Good luck! I am fodmap intolerant too, and suffering after consuming a can of coconut milk this weekend. I have a lot of zucchini, tomatoes, and spinach as well, plus cucumber and celery

I though tomatoes were a FODMAPS, but idk for sure. I have used spinach in meatballs but how else can I be eaten cooked? Cucumber didn't really cross my mind because I can't cook it and celery I use only in soup.

Tomatoes are nightshades but not fodmaps. I have spinach cooked with diced tomato, or in with sweet potato hashes etc. I also make a salad with cooked pumpkin and broccoli pieces with balsamic vinegar, and diced potatoes baked with small tomatoes and olives and lemon slices with spinach tossed in at the end so it wilts.

Day 24!!  Less than a week left.  We're still hanging in there, though I'll admit I'm kinda looking forward to it being over.  I hate saying that, because I know I needed this and I'm glad I did it...but sheesh.  It gets a little tedious after awhile.

I hope everyone is hanging in there!

I went to a wedding last night. It was an Italian wedding at a winery withs tons of amazing looking food. I spoke to the head of the waitstaff and asked for dry grilled steak and plain veggies. She was more than helpful and accommodating and even gave me extra veggies! I had to pass up ALOT of delicious foods and was so overjoyed when my steak showed up with no sauce. Then they had a sweets table with truffles, tiramisu, cheesecake, cookies, and three kinds of cake! I was dying,but just had a fe slices of cantaloupe for "dessert"

Then..they had a pizza bar for later in the evening! We just had to leave, I couldn't take it anymore!!lol!

I sailed through with flying colors, but I know if not on W30 right now, I would be feeling like a brick this morning.

Phew, I was worried about getting thought that and I did. So thankful. A few more official days to go.

Good Job Mom2A&M. 

I threw a birthday party for my 3 year old this weekend most of the food was compliant, but I had to add some traditional stuff for guests.  I made a white queso and cupcakes that were no nos, both with cream cheese.  Cup cakes I don't care so much about but the icing recipe I use is to die for.

It was so hard to resist, but I did.  (I did put a little of the icing in a container to enjoy on day 31)

Happy Day 30 everyone!!  Congrats to all of us for making this decision and sticking through it!  I hope you all got some or all of the results you were looking for and that everything we learned continues to stick with us through the coming years.  I sound like a Hallmark card, I know, but it's true!  

I had a spoonful of cream cheese icing this morning.  It was good.

I lost 8.5 lbs this time for a total of 22lbs since July 8 when I did my first whole 30.

I am still drawn to sweets, but am going to work on not indulging. 

New Whole15 is scheduled for between Thanks giving and Christmas, sooner if I fall to far off the wagon.

I'm going to keep on rocking on on the whole 30 and slowly re-introduce things and see how they go. Plus, I really want to work on the sleep and exercise habits now.

I do not think I will allow any wheat or grains back into my diet. I may slowly see how I feel about dairy, but I think I have broken my dependence on it. 

Archived