August 26th Start Date

LebenAlles

Hey All,

My partner and I are starting the Whole30 on Monday, the 26th.  We went paleo in February of this year, but have really fallen off the wagon for the last few months.  I've lost 85lbs currently since the beginning of last year (but was almost at 100lbs lost before the latest debauchery) and am hoping this will jumpstart me back into the mode of getting healthy.  I'd like to lose another 50lbs, but I know that in order to keep off what I've lost already and what I plan to lose, I'll need to beat some bad habits.  So here I am!      I'm thinking of turning the Whole30 into a Whole60, but I don't want to overwhelm myself.  

After all of the things I've stuffed down my gullet these past two months, I'm more than ready to get this started.  I've got the book, my pdf's, my shopping list, and now just need to survive a weekend in New Orleans before getting this started on Monday.  

I hope everyone is doing well in their journey and that perhaps there are a few others that are beginning on such an odd starting day.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My BF and I are also starting on the 26th.  I think he's most peeved by the no alcohol...  I'm just concerned about having everything ready to prepare 3 meals a day.  He's a great helper in the kitchen, but it's totally up to me to do the meal planning and actual cooking.  And then there's the inevitable crash mid-first-week I keep hearing about.  That in combination with having a new puppy in the house and already being sleep deprived?  We have a long uphill road ahead :)

BTW - we are both total newbies to both the Whole9, Whole30 and even Paleo - this is very foreign to me but I'm ready to give it a go!

I'm in!! Officially, I am committing to a W30, with you all as my witnesses! Lol!

I have had too many fails and am sick of it. I was doing great, feeling good and losing weight then the pendulum swong very far in the wrong direction and I have been on a downhill slide for months. I am ready, prepping for Monday, shopping, cooking and planning. Here we go, enjoy the weekend!

My BF and I are also starting on the 26th. I think he's most peeved by the no alcohol... I'm just concerned about having everything ready to prepare 3 meals a day. He's a great helper in the kitchen, but it's totally up to me to do the meal planning and actual cooking. And then there's the inevitable crash mid-first-week I keep hearing about. That in combination with having a new puppy in the house and already being sleep deprived? We have a long uphill road ahead :)

BTW - we are both total newbies to both the Whole9, Whole30 and even Paleo - this is very foreign to me but I'm ready to give it a go!

We were both completely new to everything when we started - I got a really good grasp of the meal template and the lists of can and can't haves. I made sure the rules were clear so we knew what we were doing! It helped - I'm good at following rules and sticking to programs, as long as I know what they are :)

The first week or so may be hard, but help each other through it - the benefit is worth it!

I'm excited for all of you! I just finished my 30 days last Thursday, but decided to turn it into a Whole45-60.

LevenAlles, I think you'll know by day 30 (maybe around day 25) whether or not an you'll need or want to extend your Whole30. I knew that I was still having cravings and not feeling totally in control of my food issues (maybe due to hormones/cycle stuff, but still).

This weekend, however, is the first time I've actully felt in control of my eating. Going strong 4-6 hours between meals, not even feeling tempted to snack, really listening to my body and it's hunger signals. That is HUGE for me...especially during the weekend, when my free time leads me to boredom snack/binge.

The point is, trust your body to tell you how long you'll need. If you don't quite feel right, continue on. If you're feeling like a champ, add in the food you want to reintroduce.

I wish you all the best of luck, support, and delicious food endeavors!

I am also starting my first Whole30 on Monday. Been exploring Paleo since January, and for the most part it is wonderful, but I need something more to work on *hopefully* getting rid of many of my fibromyalgia, chronic inflammation, and ongoing reactions in my digestive system stemming from many things, CD being only one of them. Anyway, ready to do this thing! Having an autoimmune disease  means Ill be cutting out eggs, nuts and nightshades as well. *sigh*. It's OK. This is so worth it. Hope all of your experiences go beautifully! 

My husband and I will be starting tomorrow as well!  Glad to have found a place for support and questions.  We went grocery shopping today and "prepped" for the week tonight.  We printed off the meal planning and shopping list and they went with us to the store and now they are both on our fridge to remind us of the rules :)  We've always been consistent in the gym but never done anything like this with our diet so I'm excited to see the results.  Good luck to everyone this first week!  

First day - first time - W30......lots to think about and do.  I am a gramma' living in a household with 3 other adults and 3 children.  I do most of the cooking and meal planning.  I am the only one on W30.  The others will eat what I fix - plus whatever else - LOL - so I am good to go.  I stopped eating grains/wheat over a year ago - slowed down on some of the dairy and now am ready to dump dairy ( I really think it is doing a number on me).  I lost a lot of pain, irritation, swelling and other physical issues within a few months of dropping wheat/grains.  Have been eating "sort of" Paleo - you know - make my own rules.  One of my goals is more energy, less to NO snacking especially in the evenings...after dinner.  So have made some resolutions to change evening habits.  Looking forward to the support here.

I am starting my second Whole 30 today.  I finished my first on Aug 6th.  I have stayed Paleo, but went off paleo this weekend for my sons 1st birthday.  A few beers, some cream cheese icing, and pizza.  I feel like crap today.   I was planning on starting another whole 30 next month, I just started sooner.  I am also going to do a 30 day abs challenge and this time I am not giving into my scale at all. (I failed that part last time)

I'm in today! I'm actually restarting. I was up to day 13 or so, but realized I hadn't read all the rules thoroughly, so I'm starting over. I guess I'm doing a whole 45 or something :) I already feel much better, less bloated, etc. I've even shed like 7 pounds / 3 kg easily. That's awesome.

So let's check in and talk to each other every day. 

Wow, lots of you have experience with Whole30/paleo.  I am a total newbie, but also starting today.  I am breastfeeding an infant, though, and don't want any drop in my milk supply, so I will be snacking or eating a 4th (and 5th, if necessary) meal.  I quit smoking when I was pregnant with my now two year old, and discovered sugar.  I am trying to break my addiction to sugary foods and baked goods.  I'm a little worried about eating so much meat!  I've only ever had meat at about 2 meals a week, so moving up to 2-3 meals per day will be...interesting. 

Winterberry, this is my 4th, I was worried about the meat too, i don't have a gall bladder and was vegetarian for 18 years, but I have found my digestion works so well on meat and veg, and only stuffs up when I add nuts, coffee, coconut or too much fat and too much fruit... And grain, dairy and legumes of course. So see how you go!

It's great to have so many starting together, I have found having a thread like this is really really helpful to keep the motivation

@winterberry

"...I am breastfeeding an infant.......I'm a little worried about eating so much meat!  I've only ever had meat at about 2 meals a week, so moving up to 2-3 meals per day will be...interesting."

You know, I don't know how well the logic works, but when breastfeeding you are essentially creating an animal product for your infant, so upping the animal products you eat could help..... :)

Made it through the day!  I even tried curry paste today - thinking I would not like it - wrong - try it just like the book says - I was "afraid" to stir everything in it so I put it in a dish and put it on top of my veggies and chicken tenders.  I only used one tblsp. but next time I will use two per serving of the curry paste.  My family loved the "new to us" flavor.  EVEN the 3 yr. old was dipping his tender in the sauce!  Who knew? Now I do!!!! Good stuff!

Good morning! My husband and I started our Whole30 yesterday. We ate a fairly clean paleo diet for nearly three years, but we both started to get more and more lazy in our food choices over the last 12 months. We decided enough was enough! And knew a total reset and Whole30 was in order.

We have four children and while they grumble a bit about the lack of ice cream and bread, they are fine eating on plan with us most of the time.

Giving up wine will prove to be the hardest thing for me, but I made it through well yesterday and plan on simply focusing on planning great meals and journaling as my way to take it one day at a time.

Off to have brekky now. I hardboiled 18 eggs yesterday, to have on hand for snacks and meals. One of those with some veggies maybe just the ticket this morning.

Off to have brekky now. I hardboiled 18 eggs yesterday, to have on hand for snacks and meals. One of those with some veggies maybe just the ticket this morning.

Please have more than one egg for breakfast!!! A serve of eggs is as many as you can hold - more than likely 3-4! If you don't eat enough, you'll struggle to make it through to lunch, and probably resort to snacking. Eating to the template, maybe overestimating in the first few days will make the journey less of a struggle initially. Don't forget to add your fat as well :)

Archived