Snow's First Whole 30

Snow

Hi everyone I'm starting whole 30 today, really excited about it and determined to stick to it. I have been primal on and off for a year now just need the determination to follow this through. I am really interested in nutrition and naturally enjoy healthy food my problem is I binge eat when I'm stressed which then wrecks havoc with my ibs which then makes me stressed and its a vicious circle! Anyway I have three children twins who are 6 and a nearly 3 year old. All my children have a rare chromosome disorder which effects their learning and development. My twins also have ADHD and are dairy and soya intolerant and suffer with anaemia. They also have inflammation which shows up on blood tests. I am going to give them the same foods as me but feel I can't ween them off their cereals and grains just yet, I know it would be better for them but I just feel they are already the odd kids out at parties etc i don't want to make life more difficult for.

Food today:

Missed breakfast unfortunately as had no food in the house until I went shopping!

Had a lovely lunch of mixed vegetable and pork frittata with kale, peppers, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and cooked on coconut oil yum! Followed this with a fig.

For dinner I had minced beef fried in coconut oil with onions, mushrooms, garlic, olives and tinned tomatoes served on a bed of kale followed by a few strawberries.

So far so good. Good luck to everyone else xx

Today's food:

Breakfast: kale and mushroom omelette cooked in coconut oil and 1/2 an orange

Lunch: tuna salad with olive oil dressing

Dinner: pork chop, cabbage, carrots, roasted tomatoes and 1/2 sweet potato. Few strawberries.

Pleased I have stuck with it again today. Feel good not having as much coffee as usual but definately want to snack tonight in front on the tv but I will resist!!!

2 days down, 28 to go!

Day 3:

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs and bacon and tomatoes

Lunch: roast chicken, olives, fruit salad

Dinner: coconut prawn curry, sweet potatoash and fruit salad.

Have the dreaded carb flu very headachy, grumpy, achy and tired boo!

Day 4:

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs, half an avocado, handful black olives

Lunch: mackerel, apple and grape salad

Dinner: lamb mince stir fried in coconut oil with courgettes, tomatoes, mushrooms, red onion, stock and herbs stuffed into a red pepper and baked, cauliflower rice and pineapple pieces.

Woke up with a terrible headache but got up and went swimming, swam 45 lengths and it really helped my head.

Feeling really good today. IBS has been good and really enjoying the food. Been tracking it on my fitness pal and surprised at a couple of things:

1. It is actually quite low in calories

2. I'm getting really really good amounts of vitamins in my diet

3. According to my fitness pal my fat and cholestral levels are through the roof!!!

Anyway looking forward to have my left over lamb in a frittata tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a good day x

Day 5:

Breakfast: leftover lamb mince with a fried egg and fried mushrooms

Lunch: Butternut squash soup and half an avocado

Dinner: Cajun cod with roasted veg and baked sweet potato, orange

Feel great today, have got soo much tidying done feel full of energy. I don't think I have ate enough today, lunch in particular was on the small side but running out of protein sources as had to chuck out a few pieces of meat that had turned. :(

Loving the meals and really enjoy this way of eating, I'm not missing grains or dairy but I am missing sugar! When my little boy had so sweets earlier i was soooo tempted and I baked the kids chocolate cakes yesterday and I didn't even lick the bowl... Nearly killed me lol!

Day 6:

Breakfast:

Veggies stir fried in olive oil with three scrambled eggs

Lunch:

One bacon rasher, apple, almonds

Dinner:

Lots of roast chicken, half a sweet potato, cabbage, carrots, courgettes, strawberries

Feeling good again today, tummy definately a bit flatter. Not very hungry today so had a light lunch but made up for it with a big dinner.

Can't believe I will be o e week in tomorrow, gone really quickly been so busy rushing round getting kids ready to go back to school.

Day 7:

Breakfast 3 boiled eggs and 3 rashers of bacon

Lunch: mackerel in olive oil and salad, satsuma

Dinner: olives, rib eye steak, salad, grilled peppers and mushrooms, fruit salad

Well I feel amazing today, I am really pleased I have managed a whole week. Wasn't sure if I would do but I have! Sugar cravings are still there but easing and the no snacking really helps.

I realise I'm just writing this to myself but I am going to carry on doing so as it is helping to keep me accountable!

You are not writing to yourself :)  lot's of people just scroll through and read without commenting. 

You seem to be doing really great.  You have made it a week!!  I found sugar hard to kick the first time I attempted this, way back in January, it does get easier :)

Thanks Christie, is that an English mastiff in the pic with you?

Today has been good:

Breakfast:

1 egg and 3 bacon rashers

Lunch:

Tuna and olive salad, melon

Dinner:

Stir fried veg and bacon with two fried eggs on top, nectarine.

Dinner was meant to be jerk chicken legs but I left my husband to cook it whilst I went aqua jog with my sister and when I returned it was still raw! His useless!

Aqua jog was great though.. Hard work but great fun.

Went to my butchers today and bought:

One whole chicken

20 chicken legs

4 pork chops

20 rashers bacon

3 packets beef mince

3 packets lamb mince

48 eggs

2kg steak and kidney

All for £62! I love my butchers it is attached to an abbatoir, all local animals and really well cared for.

I asked for some marrow bones to make stock and my butcher went over to the abbatoir and got me some for free so I've been making a massive vat of stock all day.

Hope everyone is well xx

Don't forget to get 1-2 cups of veggies with every meal. A lot of your meals are missing vegetables. Also I would advice you to stop tracking on MFP and just learn to listen to your body cues. I gave up logging finally for my W30 and it is so liberating!

Hi physibeth

Thanks for your reply.

I am definately getting at least 2 cups of veg with each meal except maybe breakfast. If I don't serve if on the side I mix it in say a mince dish or a frittata.

I know what you mean about tracking and I will stop soon I just want to get a hang on portion control first. When I first went primal I actually put on weight as I ate too much of things like nuts.

Day 9:

Breakfast:

Kale, mushrooms and 3 eggs scrambled.

Lunch:

Jerk chicken leg with olives and salad

Dinner:

Jerk chicken leg, half a sweet potato, kale, broccoli, orange

Had another good day today was so busy, body pump this morning and then a visit to a farm with the kids in the afternoon. My meals were a bit thrown together but still nice!

Day 11

Breakfast:

3 egg omelette with mushrooms and kale cooked in olive oil

Lunch:

peppered mackerel salad, bowl of strawberries & blueberries

Dinner:

Homemade chilli beef burgers topped with sliced tomatoes, red onion slices, avocado, corriander and lime juice with salad and griddled courgettes and peppers. Bowl of strawberries and blueberries.

Went swimming for half an hour this morning with my boys then cinema in the afternoon. I was very good though and just had a black coffee!

Hi Snow, 

Sorry for taking so long....I was away visiting my dad for a few days and haven't been online :)  it was blissful disconnection.  

Max is half bullmastiff and half black lab.  He is my "boyfriend" when the husband isn't around.

You have been doing really awesome for 2 weeks now!  I am officially starting tomorrow after a minor hiatus on my vacation.

Ah Max is lovely! I used to have an English mastiff called Angel really want another one!

I'm halfway through now still going strong, sugar cravings have almost disappeared and things like grapes are now tasting overly sweet. I still miss snacking in the evenings but I don't miss the bloated belly!

Today's food:

Breakfast:

3 eggs scrambled, olives, avocado

Lunch;

Tuna salad, almonds, apple

Dinner:

3 rashers bacon, two eggs, fried courgettes, onions, peppers, nectarine and grapes

Day 15

Half way through yeah! Very pleased with myself for sticking with it. Feeling really good right now, my ibs was out of control and I was spending most evenings bloated and rolling around in agony... That had totally disappeared! I knew it was either dairy or wheat that was causing it but maybe it was both ! Very scared to introduce them both back into my diet. I can cope with out wheat but I do love a cheese board at Christmas and I love milk chocolate and ice cream! Although I do also like coconut ice cream and if my boys who are only 6 can cope being dairy free ( their intolerant) then I guess if I have to I will.

Breakfast:

No time and no food in house so no breakfast today :(

Lunch:

Roast chicken salad with olives and a fig

Dinner,

King prawn coconut curry on a big bed of courgette ribbons, strawberries.

Not really ate a lot today but that was because I was so busy. I look forward to my meals it food is no longer constantly on my mind which is good.

Thanks gin!

Day 16

Breakfast:

2 eggs scrambled and two rashers of bacon and some tomatoes

Lunch:

Smoked mackerel salad with olives and a fig

Dinner:

Steak and kidney stew with carrots and broccoli, apple

Went body pump this morning it was a little bit easier this week so hope thats sign that I'm getting fitter.

I haven't really find anything for myself for the last few years as my childrens complex needs have taken over day to day life but by being in control of what I'm eating I'm feeling so good I'm making sure I find time to exercise and do things like paint my nails, feel like 'me' again!

Archived