Breakfast at a Diner

holly262

This weekend we are staying with our inlaws. We have arranged to make dinner for them Saturday night, so we're bringing stuff to grill and will have control over how it's prepared. Sunday morning, though, they want to take everyone out to breakfast at their favorite diner. Is there ANYTHING I can eat at a place like that? 

Depends on the type of diner. At a minimum, you might be able to get some hard boiled eggs and maybe a heaping side of sliced tomatoes? If they have avocado, that could be your fat (otherwise bring your own perhaps?)

I'm lucky to have a diner locally that caters well to various dietary restrictions. I recently got an omelette, made with only eggs (no dairy), cooked in 100% olive oil and stuffed with smoked salmon and baby spinach (the latter also cooked in 100% olive oil). 

Thanks, I ended up calling them. They confirmed that they don't add pancake batter or anything to their omelets but eggs. They normally cook on a griddle with melted butter, but if requested they can use a separate pan and cook in olive oil. Looks like I'll be able to get a veggie omelet and side of fruit, and I'll bring some nuts or avocado along.

Archived