What actually counts as a fat?

• Moderators

It is true that some cuts of meat include more fat than others, but we don't ask you to target or avoid any protein based upon its fat content, so there is no point system or score to achieve.

We do encourage including fats in your meals in some form. Fat is required for your body to absorb some vitamins and nutrients, so if you eat a fat free meal, your body can't absorb everything it needs from the food.

Because of the variety, when you are eating Boston Butt pork roast, for example, you might not need to add fats beyond what you need to cook your meat and vegetables, but if you are eating lean protein like chicken breast, you might want to add olives or olive oil or something to up the amount of fat in the meal. But it is okay if some meals include more fat than others. By eating a variety of foods, the overall fat content is likely to average out just fine over the course of a month.

Good question and answer! I didn't eat enough food or fat on day one and was hungry, cranky and headachy all day, but resolved that soon enough. I'm on day five of 30 and eating enough fat has really helped my hunger/fullness mechanism kick in.

Archived