Quorn?

Benson_01

I'm getting ready to start my Whole30 program. Never felt so inspired in my whole life after reading the book, tired of being the unhealthy one. My body is showing in all possible ways it is not happy.

But I need to ask if you are allowed to eat quorn when following the program. There is this fantastic raw food place in Stockholm, but one of their dishes is quorn with broccoli and beets. But I'm not sure about the quorn, and I really want to do this properly.  

My best,

Anna 

Quorn makes a lot of products, but judging from the most basic ones I was able to find (quorn "roast" and quorn "grounds"), I'm sorry to say: Quorn is exactly the kind of highly processed psuedo-food we avoid duing the whole30. I would avoid it for that reason alone, but it has several off-plan ingredients as well.

Here are the ingredients in the "roast":

Mycoprotein (59%), Water, Onion, Natural Flavors From Non-Meat Sources, Refined Rapeseed Oil, Rehydrated Egg White, Milk Proteins. Contains 2% or less of Potato Maltodextrin, Salt, Tapioca Dextrin, Yeast Extract, Onion Powder, Sage Extract, Garlic Powder, Gum Arabic; Sunflower, Coconut and Palm Kernel Oil. 

Ingredients in the "grounds": Mycoprotein (88%), Rehydrated Egg White, Malt Extract.

1. Contains Egg & Gluten

Archived