What can I take if i have a cold??

KatieGirl

I have a teacher cold. They are the worst! :/ New kids so new germs. I am on day 23 tomorrow. Just checked ingredients on advil cold and sinus...corn starch, sugar etc. I usually take an Emergen-C and call it a day. No such luck for the Whole30. Any suggestions for meds or "safe" suppliments? (besides C and Zinc) Thanks!!

I had a bad head cold when I did W30. I took sudafed PE (without the meth-making ingredient that used to give me hallucinations). Advil is a no-no (no NASIDs on W30) Also, no Nyquil, it has alcohol :o .

Also do home remedies, citrus juice, hot tea with lemon, neti pot for nasal congestion, etc.

I had a bad head cold when I did W30. I took sudafed PE (without the meth-making ingredient that used to give me hallucinations). Advil is a no-no (no NASIDs on W30) Also, no Nyquil, it has alcohol :o .

Also do home remedies, citrus juice, hot tea with lemon, neti pot for nasal congestion, etc.

Just to clarify, NSAIDs are banned only on the autoimmune protocol of the Whole30.

On the topic of being sick, others have posted about putting a splash of apple cider vinegar in water for sore throats or coughs.

~~~

Nyquil is also corn syrup.

Archived