Too many sweet potatoes/plantains?

spage4

I'm on day 10 and feeling pretty good.  I haven't found any of the restrictions too painful because of the fact that I love sweet potatoes and plantains.  I usually fry or bake them with coconut oil and sprinkle cinnamon.  I have been averaging 1 sweet potato or plantain a day because they're so yummy. Question; will these starches/carbs hurt my success of Whole30?  Specifically in the weight loss topic.  I work out around 3-5 times a week but I'm no crossfit or fitness freak. I also eat a variety of other veggies, many fibrous and leafy green veggies. I'm trying to limit my fruit and nuts too.

Any help or personal experiences with these foods would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

More experts will weigh in on this, but the main thing you want to watch out for is the "foods with no brakes" if you don't let the carby veggies push the green veggies off the plate, and these starchy ones don't cause nut binges or other cravings... Especially with your workouts, you are probably good. Hope that horrible run on sentence makes sense :)

• Moderators

One sweet potato or plantain per day is fine. I lost weight when I started this process eating at least one sweet potato per day. I lost only 2 pounds per month, but I was gaining muscle mass at the same time, so I was probably losing more than 2 pounds of fat each month. On the other hand, over the past year, I have found that I feel fine not eating starchy veggies regularly even when I am working out 4 or 5 days per week. My workouts are usually 30-minute sessions, but can get intense. 

Archived